Chapter Five - A Hard Promise

As Aerrow sat alone in his cell, he continued to fight his inner struggle against the Dark Aerrow. With each passing moment, he could feel the Dark Aerrow's influence growing stronger. The thought of what he could do with Aerrow's body drove him crazy. For a brief moment, Aerrow could feel a calm quiet as Piper entered the room with a plate of food.

Piper: Hey Aerrow. I brought you some food.

Piper then slid the plate under his cell. As Aerrow began eating, Piper sat next to Aerrow's cell.

Piper: How are you feeling?

Aerrow: He's... he's quiet down for now.

Piper: That's good, right?

Aerrow's expression showed a deep concern as well as fear. Piper could see that Aerrow was deeply troubled by what was happening. 

Piper: Don't worry, Aerrow. We're almost at the Guardian Sanctuary. He...he can help you!

Aerrow: Piper....I want you to promise me something. 

Piper: What is it?

Aerrow: No matter what happens, the Dark Aerrow must be stopped. We cannot allow him to be free. If he takes control my body, then we must end him no matter what. 

Piper didn't like where Aerrow was going with this. She had never heard him talk like this before. Normally, he was the optimistic hero who is willing to keep fighting no matter what. However, Aerrow showed no optimism. 

Piper: Aerrow, what are you saying?

Aerrow: If nothing works and it looks like the Dark Aerrow is about to take full control of my body, then....then you have to kill him.

Piper: But you would die too!

Aerrow: We both know what he's capable of. Even without Aolroth's powers, Dark Aerrow is still a very grave threat to Atmos. We all saw what he did to his squadron. If I let him kill you all with my body, I would never forgive myself. 

Suddenly, Aerrow's tone shifted. His blue eyes were replaced with the crimson eyes of the Dark Aerrow. Piper stepped back in horror as Dark Aerrow had taken hold of Aerrow's body. 

Dark Aerrow: That's quite a thing our old boy is asking you to do. Do you think you could do it? Could you kill Aerrow? 

Piper: We'll...we'll stop you!

Dark Aerrow: That's not an answer, Piper. When I killed my Piper, all I could see in her eyes was sadness, horror and betrayal. But deep within all that was a foolish hope. Hope that I would regain my senses and snap out of it. But when I plunged my Energy Blade into her chest, I watched as the life faded from her eyes. I could see that hope fading away as well. I'll be honest with you, that was the greatest moment of my life. Once upon a time, I loved her with all my heart. But then I changed and found no meaning to such things as love. In fact, love held me back. So I decided to cut my losses and free myself. And as you can see, I've never been better!

Dark Aerrow lets out an evil chuckle as Piper felt her heart drop. Fear had paralyzed her. Suddenly, Aerrow fought back and regained control of his body. 

Aerrow: Get out! GET OUT!

As Aerrow regained control of his body, Piper rushed over to help him, but he pushed her away. 

Aerrow: Stay away! Please. For you safety....stay away. 

With tears in her eyes, Piper walked out of the room. As Aerrow was left alone, he felt dread over him. Aerrow looked into the mirror and saw Dark Aerrow's grinning face.

Dark Aerrow: I'll live inside you forever!

Aerrow: No! 

Dark Aerrow: With Death itself by my side! 

Aerrow: No! Please, no!

Dark Aerrow: And I know that, now and forever! They'll never be able to separate you from me!

Aerrow grew more and more desperate as he lashed out at the mirror. 

Aerrow: Can't you see it's over now? It's time to die!

Dark Aerrow: No, not I! Only you!

Aerrow: If I die, you'll die too!

Dark Aerrow: You'll die in me and I'll be you!

That realization brought intense fear to Aerrow. 

Aerrow: Damn you, Dark Aerrow! Leave me be! 

Dark Aerrow: Can't you see, Aerrow?! You are me?!

Aerrow: No! No! This...this can't be....

Dark Aerrow: I am you and you are me!

Aerrow: No! Never!

Dark Aerrow: Yes! Forever!

Aerrow then punched the mirror, shattering it. He then clutches a shard of glass with his bare hands. 

Aerrow: Damn you, Dark Aerrow! Take your evil and rot in hell!

Aerrow raises the glass and prepares to kill himself in order to kill Dark Aerrow. Just as he was about to do it, his hand stops as a chuckle was heard.

Dark Aerrow(Voice): Oh no, Aerrow. I can't allow you to do that. There's still so much for us to do, Aerrow. So much for you and me to do. 

Aerrow was forced to throw the glass shard out of his cell. Once more, Dark Aerrow's sinister chuckle was heard. 

Dark Aerrow(Voice): We've only just begun, old friend....

As Dark Aerrow spoke those words, Aerrow was left on his own to dread what may come next. As the Condor continued it's journey to the Guardian Sanctuary, Aerrow desperately hoped that Arygyn had a cure for the Dark Aerrow's curse on Aerrow. Despite his own fear and doubts, Aerrow had to keep hope alive in his mind that there was a solution to what was happening to him. He also hoped that Piper would keep her promise in case there was no other way.