Chapter Two - Breaking Point

After taking the Cyclonian Outpost, the Storm Hawks are concerned about Aerrow's well being. In the last few weeks, Aerrow had become a different person. He was confrontational and hostile. He fought his enemies with increasing brutality. One day, Aerrow was punching a punching bag in his quarters. In the back of his mind, a strange sense of rage had built up in him. He didn't know why he had this rage. As he punched the punching bag, Aerrow decided to check with his teammates.

Aerrow: Did the Sky Council get back?

Piper: Y....yeah. They sent a squadron to take over. 

Aerrow: That's good. 

As Aerrow was about to leave, Piper stopped him. 

Piper: Aerrow? Are you okay? You've been acting different for a few weeks now. Is something wrong?

Aerrow: It's nothing, Piper. I'm fine. 

Piper: You don't have to hide it, Aerrow. You can talk to me....

Aerrow: I said I'm fine, Piper! 

Piper and the rest of the Storm Hawks were caught off guard by Aerrow's tone. They had never heard Aerrow raise his voice in such a manner. 

Finn: Dude, I get that you're stressed about the whole Cyclonian thing, but it's clear that something's up!

Aerrow: Don't push it, Finn. I'm not in the mood to be patronized by the likes of you. 

Finn: And what's that supposed to mean? 

Without warning, Aerrow punched Finn with enough force that it knocked him in the ground. He then dragged Finn to one of the doors of the Condor and opens it. He then dangles Finn over the edge. 

Finn: Dude?! What's gotten into you?!

Aerrow: I'm tired of taking insults from someone like you! You talk big, but when the going gets tough, you scream like a little girl!

Junko: Aerrow, stop! 

Aerrow ignored Junko's words as he loosened his grip on Finn. Aerrow took pleasure in the fear that Finn felt. 

Aerrow:  Look down there, Finn. You see how tiny all the people look? That's what you are to me. You're nothing more than small and puny ant. You belong down there with them. 

Piper: Aerrow, stop!

Aerrow: You want to know what I'm thinking, Finn? I'll tell you what I'm thinking! I'm thinking about dropping you and watch you plummet to the Wastelands like the disposable trash you are! 

Piper then rushed over to Aerrow and pulled him onto the Condor along with Finn. Junko then closes the door. As Finn took a moment to catch his breath, Aerrow got up and was about to attack Finn when Piper got in the way. 

Piper: This isn't you, Aerrow! Finn is your friend! Stop this, please! 

As Piper spoke to Aerrow, he snapped out of his anger induced madness. Upon doing so, Aerrow felt immense guilt upon nearly killing one of his friends. Aerrow looked at Piper as well as the rest of the Storm Hawks. He saw the fear in their eyes and that deeply troubled him. 

Aerrow: I'm....I'm sorry.....

Aerrow then walked out of the room and into his living quarters. As Aerrow left the room, Radarr chirped sadly. 

Piper: I know, Radarr. I....I hope he's okay....

Finn: Geez....what's gotten into Aerrow?

Stork: Well he is under a lot of stress. 

Finn: We've all seen Aerrow under stress, Stork. He never snapped like he just did! It's like he was a completely different person! 

Junko: I just hope he's okay....

A sense of concern was felt by the Storm Hawks in terms of Aerrow's well being. It was clear that something was wrong with him. Something changed in Aerrow and they didn't know what. Meanwhile, Aerrow sat in his room trying to understand why these things were happening to him. Aerrow knew something was wrong, but he couldn't figure out what it was. 

Aerrow: This....this isn't me! What's happening to me?

As Aerrow tried to piece together what was going on, he heard a laughter right in his ear. He turned his head to investigate, but saw that he was in the room. In that moment, Aerrow began to question his own sanity. It seemed as if the fight he was fighting took it's toll on his mental state. He went to the sink to wash his face, he looks upon the reflection in the mirror. What he saw was a dark reflection of himself. More importantly, he saw the Dark Aerrow. Upon seeing that, Aerrow fell back in fear. 

Aerrow: This...this isn't right....I....I think I'm going crazy.....

As Aerrow said this, the laughter from before came back. This time, it grew louder and louder. Confused, Aerrow looks into the mirror and the the Dark Aerrow staring back at him. At first, the reflection moved as he did. Aerrow was beginning to think that the reflection was simply an illusion. 

Aerrow: I....I must be seeing things....

As Aerrow made that conclusion, the reflection stopped moving. In fact, the reflection began to laugh at Aerrow in a soft tone. At this point, Aerrow was shock and confused. Finally, the reflection spoke.

Dark Aerrow: Hello, Aerrow.

As the reflection spoke, Aerrow was in disbelief. The reflection spoke to Aerrow, but it seemed that no one heard it. 

Aerrow: No...it can't be.....

Dark Aerrow: Oh it's good to be back...

In that moment, Aerrow realized the dark truth. It was clear that somehow, Dark Aerrow was in fact alive and now in Aerrow's mind. Aerrow couldn't believe this, but he couldn't escape the reality of the truth. The Dark Aerrow was back and was inside Aerrow's mind.