Chapter Eleven - The Final Clash

In the depths of Aerrow's mind, Aerrow was losing ground against the Dark Aerrow as he couldn't keep up with his attacks. Despite this, Aerrow maintained his will.

Dark Aerrow: That's it, Aerrow. Keep fighting. You're only prolonging the inevitable.

Dark Aerrow smiled as Aerrow lunged at him. Dark Aerrow was able to counter his attacks and lands several devastating hits on Aerrow. As Aerrow slowly gets up, Dark Aerrow chuckles.

Dark Aerrow: You just don't know when to quit, do you? Heh. What am I going to do with you? Let's face the facts, Aerrow. It's over.

As Dark Aerrow begins to walk towards Aerrow, Aerrow begins to laugh. This catches Dark Aerrow off guard as he stops.

Aerrow: I...I think I understand you.

Dark Aerrow: Oh? Is that so? Hhm. I'm all ears.

Aerrow: You say everything is meaningless, but I think you're lying to yourself.

This catches Dark Aerrow's attention as well as his interest. Dark Aerrow couldn't help but laugh.

Aerrow: You killed your squad because you wanted to feel something.

Dark Aerrow: I recall saying that. What's the point?

Aerrow: I think you did feel something. You felt hate. Anger. Pain. Regret. When you killed your squad, you regretted it.

As Aerrow said this, Dark Aerrow simply laughed.

Dark Aerrow: I see what you're trying to do. You're trying to get in my head. It won't work.

Aerrow: I'm not. I know you felt it. That's when it broke you. You couldn't live with the guilt of killing them that you built up this....philosophy as a means to cope with your guilt. But all it did was made it worse.

Dark Aerrow: You don't know a thing about me, Aerrow. You don't know a damn thing.

Aerrow: But I do. You said it yourself. I'm you, but you're also me. The reason you've gone after me time and time again is because I have what you desperately want: a family.

As Aerrow said this, Dark Aerrow became agitated. Aerrow could see that his words were having an effect on his dark counterpart.

Aerrow: You don't really believe that everything is meaningless. You're just saying all that because you want to run away from the guilt you feel every single waking day, but it doesn't go away. No. It lingers. It festers in you until it's starts to consume you. That's why you wanted to destroy all of reality. You wanted to end the pain. But you didn't want to die alone. No. You wanted to take everyone with you as a final act of revenge. When that failed, you decided to steal my life so you can live the life you denied yourself all those years ago.

Dark Aerrow: Shut up.....

Aerrow: That's the difference between you and me. You gave up. I never did. That's what really drives you crazy. You say we're alike, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth is that you know that I'm stronger than you because I haven't given up where you did.

Dark Aerrow: SHUT UP!

Aerrow: Deep down inside, you know I'm right. The moment you killed them was the moment you truly fell. You fell so far that you just couldn't bear to live with it. All you've wanted was them back. You wanted to undo your actions, but you couldn't. Not even with Aolroth's power. It's one thing to fall, but it's much worse for you to admit it. You look at me and you envy what I have. You look at me and see the life you could've lived.

In that moment, the Dark Aerrow couldn't take it anymore. Dark Aerrow then unleashed his fury on Aerrow. His attacks became sloppy and rage filled. Aerrow took advantage of this and pressed the attack on his dark counter part. Both fighters unleashed a relentless assault on one another which seemed to defy comprehension. The soon engaged in a blade lock.

Dark Aerrow: I changed my mind, Aerrow. Keeping you around will be too much of a hassle. You'll just have to imagine the suffering that I will inflict on your....family.

Aerrow broke through the blade lock and kicked Dark Aerrow away. Dark Aerrow was quick to get back on his feet. As the two locked eyes with one another, they both readied their Twin Energy Blades. They both could see that the end was in sight.

Aerrow: This ends now.

Dark Aerrow: Then we are in agreement. Die well, Aerrow.

Without hesitation, Aerrow and Dark Aerrow charged at one another. The fate of Aerrow would be decided in this final clash. Both fighters readied for one final attack. In one swift strike, both fighters attacked. After a moment of silence, Dark Aerrow felt a devastating wound in his chest. Seizing the opportunity, Aerrow attacked Dark Aerrow with blinding speed. The Dark Aerrow was unable to defend himself as Aerrow dealt the fatal blow. As the fatal blow was dealt, Dark Aerrow stood up with a smile on his face as his body began dissipating.

Aerrow: Be gone, Dark Aerrow. You don't belong in this world. You'll be just a memory.

As his body began to dissipate, Dark Aerrow showed no fear. In fact, he smiled.

Dark Aerrow: I will....never be a memory.....

With a smirk on his face, the Dark Aerrow's physical body vanished. As his essence vanished, Dark Aerrow spoke for the last time.

Dark Aerrow(Voice): You will never escape me....

In that moment, the Dark Aerrow was banished from Aerrow's mind. Aerrow had won his battle. The Dark Aerrow was no more.