Chapter Eight - Ancient Ritual

As Arygyn led the Storm Hawks into the Temple of Aolroth, Aerrow could feel the Dark Aerrow grow stronger and stronger. 

Finn: Jeez....this place gives me the creeps! Never thought I'd have to come back here. 

Arygyn: Aolroth's presence still lingers in this place. 

As Arygyn said this, everyone felt chills running down their spines. They could all feel the lingering presence of Aolroth. It was like as if he was never truly destroyed. Suddenly, Dark Aerrow took over. 

Dark Aerrow: I remember when Aolroth came to me. The Dark Multiverse was about to consume my Atmos. I honestly didn't care if it went up in flames. But when Aolroth told me the truth about the Multiverse, something clicked in me. It was at that point that everything I knew was meaningless. 

Finn: Like we'd listen to a psycho like you! 

Dark Aerrow: I'll tell you what I told Empress Piper. Everything is ad infinitum, making everything meaningless. I intended to end it. That is what Aolroth promised me. I didn't give a damn about anything else. When I got Aolroth's powers, you all know what I was going to do. 

The Storm Hawks soon recalled how Dark Aerrow planned to use Aolroth's powers to unleash the Blackest Night in an attempt to destroy all of reality. It was during that mission that the Dark Aerrow managed to implant a piece of his essence in Aerrow. 

Piper: We're going to stop you, Dark Aerrow!

Dark Aerrow: Does that mean you're going to keep that promise to Aerrow, Piper?

Upon hearing this, the other members of the Storm Hawks were confused. 

Junko: Promise? What promise?

Dark Aerrow: She didn't tell you? How surprising. Our mutual friend Aerrow made Piper promise him that if I took full control, she would have to kill him in order to kill me. Quite the promise, isn't it? 

Upon hearing this, the other Storm Hawks were shocked to hear that Aerrow made Piper promise him to kill him if Dark Aerrow completely took over. Piper herself was simply silent as Dark Aerrow laughed. 

Dark Aerrow: Let's see if you can keep that promise. 

As the Dark Aerrow laughed, Aerrow regained control of his body. Even as he regained control, Aerrow could feel the Dark Aerrow clawing his way back. 

Arygyn: We must hurry. 

Arygyn and the Storm Hawks made their way to the inner sanctum of the temple. In the inner sanctum was a chamber. 

Arygyn: This chamber is the key to the ritual. 

Piper: What exactly is this ritual?

Arygyn: In ancient times, this chamber was at the forefront of a ancient ritual. In this chamber lies Crystals with the power to extract and purify the soul. For Aolroth's followers, it was made to imbue dark magic into one's soul. 

Piper: Will this help Aerrow?

Arygyn: The power in this chamber is more than enough to banish the Dark Aerrow's soul from Aerrow. But I must reiterate the risk in this ritual. Your spirit must remain strong. For if your spirit falter for even a second, the Dark Aerrow will take over your body. 

Aerrow took a moment to reflect on this information. He knew the possibility that Dark Aerrow could use the ritual to his advantage was a real threat. He knew that if Dark Aerrow took over his body, there would be no stopping him. However, the Dark Aerrow grew stronger and stronger with each passing moment. He knew that the longer the Dark Aerrow was in Aerrow, the threat of Dark Aerrow taking over was just as real. 

Aerrow: There's no other choice. This ritual might just be our only shot of destroying the Dark Aerrow for good. 

Finn: Are you sure about this, Aerrow? This sounds like a pretty big risk. 

Aerrow: I know it's dangerous, but there's no other way. If we don't do anything, then the Dark Aerrow will grow strong enough to take over my body. If that happens, then there's no telling what kind of damage he'll do. We can't allow that to happen. 

It was at this moment that Aerrow chose to go through with the ritual. While the ritual was risky, the alternative was worse. 

Aerrow: Arygyn, I'm ready. 

Arygyn: Then enter the chamber, Aerrow. Once you're inside, we may begin. Remember what I said, Aerrow. Your spirit must remain strong no matter what. 

Aerrow nodded as he prepared to enter the chamber. Before he went inside, he turned to a worried Piper. 

Aerrow: Piper, if the ritual fails, take the others back to the Condor and destroy this place. We cannot allow the Dark Aerrow to escape. 

As Aerrow made his request to Piper, Piper was unsure if she could go through with it. While she fully understood of the danger the Dark Aerrow posed on Atmos, Piper deeply cared for Aerrow. She didn't want to lose him, let alone kill him. Despite her personal feelings, Piper simply nodded. 

Aerrow: Thank you, Piper. Thank you. 

Aerrow took a deep breath as he entered the chamber. As he got inside, the large metallic door closes, sealing Aerrow inside. In this moment, Aerrow prepared to face Dark Aerrow for a final confrontation. This battle was for the fate of Aerrow's very soul. The battle ahead would be difficult. But for Aerrow, there was no other choice. As the ritual began, the Crystals in the room began to light up. After that, all Aerrow could see was darkness.