Chapter Nine - The Calm Before The Storm

As the ritual began, Aerrow woke up in an ethereal plane unlike anything he had ever seen before. As he stood up, he heard the Dark Aerrow's cold laughter echoing. 

Aerrow: Dark Aerrow! Show yourself!

As Aerrow said that, the form of the Dark Aerrow appeared before Aerrow. Dark Aerrow's smile unsettled him as he prepared for battle. 

Dark Aerrow: Here I am, Aerrow. What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Heh. I gotta admit, I was kinda hoping this ritual would bring us here. 

Aerrow: Where are we?

Dark Aerrow: We're inside your mind, Aerrow. Our mind. Everything about us began here. The moment we were born, this place existed. Most would kill to have this sort of experience. The secrets to human thought and individuality lies within an ethereal plane that exists within our mind. 

Aerrow: It's time to end this, Dark Aerrow. Here and now. 

Dark Aerrow: How many times has that been said, Aerrow? You said this during the fight with Aolroth. You said this when you fought me. Now here you are again saying the same thing, preaching the same meaningless code of justice that has guided you for oh so long. I'm surprised you're not tired of it. 

Aerrow said nothing as he kept his eyes on Dark Aerrow. Dark Aerrow simply smirked at this. 

Dark Aerrow: Hard to believe we reached this point. To think that I almost destroyed reality and ended this madness once and for all. I could've ended a meaningless reality and yet you remain fate's servant. Haven't you ever stopped to consider that what you're fighting for doesn't matter? You've been in this fight for so long that you can't see past the web of lies that you've been fed. I saw through that veil and spat right in destiny's face. 

Aerrow: So you thought destroying reality would've done everyone a favor? 

Dark Aerrow: How could one willingly accept the idea of living in a world where the exact opposite happens in an alternate universe? Where there are countless universe in which something is different? Every choice we make creates a world in of itself. History and reality branches off into one world where we made the choice and another in which we didn't. That's the secret of the universe. People making billions of choices, creating infinite worlds without even knowing it. Some are so similar to each other that you can spend a lifetime searching for any distinctions. Others are so radically different that they defy comprehension. I sought to end that. Now here we are back at square one. 

Aerrow: What you were doing was genocidal! How many countless lives would've been snuffed out because of you?!

Dark Aerrow: Before to die a single meaningful death than to live out an infinite meaningless deaths. But it doesn't matter now. Without Aolroth's power, I have no means of unleashing the Blackest Night. Perhaps Master Cyclonis could help me in my endeavors. I'll of course have to hide my true intentions, but manipulating her won't be too difficult. She might prove to be an annoying loose end down the road, but if all goes to plan, then it won't matter. 

It became clear that Dark Aerrow had plans for the future in the event that he managed to take over Aerrow's body. Aerrow was horrified. 

Aerrow: I won't let that happen! 

Dark Aerrow: I won't kill you, Aerrow. All I have to do is to take permanent control of your body. Once that happens, then you'll have a front row seat to what I'm about to do. 

Aerrow: Even if you manage to take over my body, it won't matter. I'll be dead and you with me. 

Dark Aerrow found this amusing. 

Dark Aerrow: Do you really believe Piper has the guts to go through with that? We both know she loves you too much to even think about killing you, even if it means killing me. 

Aerrow: I believe in her. She'll keep her promise. 

Dark Aerrow: Didn't you stop to think what you were asking her to do? You asked her to kill the one man she loved. You asked her to kill you. Surely you must know that Piper won't follow through on that. 

Aerrow took a moment to think on Dark Aerrow's words. He knew full well of Piper's feelings for him. He felt the same way about her. Aerrow couldn't imagine what she was going through. Dark Aerrow knew this as well. Aerrow also knew what Dark Aerrow was trying to do. He was trying to cast doubt in his mind to weaken his resolve. 

Aerrow: I know what you're trying to do. It won't work. I trust Piper will keep her promise. But it won't come to that. I'll beat you just like I did before! This time, I'll make sure you won't come back! 

As Aerrow said this, his Twin Energy Blades began to form in his hand. Dark Aerrow smiled to himself as his crimson Energy Blades formed in his hands. Both assumed their combat stances. 

Dark Aerrow: And so it begins. 

Aerrow: No. Now it ends.

In that moment, Aerrow and Dark Aerrow prepared to fight within the ethereal plane of Aerrow's mind. This battle will decide who takes full control of Aerrow's body. The fight would be hard, but Aerrow was more than ready to end his rivalry with the Dark Aerrow once and for all.