The Return

10K READS WOW THANK YOU
also- Hi! i'm sorry i know it's been a bit!
I try to post a new ch every 4 days, but i've been busy lately now that school has started up again. I will try to post at least once a week sorry!!

———————————————————————-

The rain crashed against the dirty hotel room windows all night. Clay found himself dosing off rather fast; the sound of rainfall soothed his aching heart. With his phone dead he was left even more alone than before. Without any distractions Clay was pulled into a night of deep sleep. He needed it clearly.

The dark brown curtains covered the sunlight from coming in. The room stayed dark for hours until Clay finally felt himself waking up.

Clay woke up and felt well rested. That's a first hm. He rubbed his eyes and yawned quietly. He sat up slowly and looked around the dark empty room.

Is it night still?

Without his phone or a clock, Clay had no concept of time. If someone had told him it was Christmas Day, he'd probably believe them. He pulled himself out of bed and quickly stood up. Fuck! He quickly sat back down on the bed forgetting his foot injury. Clay winced at the pain as he grabbed his crutches.

He first hopped over to the windows to open up the dark curtains. He was met with a grayish sky and no sun. Well this is not helpful at all. It looked like it could be midday, but it also looked like it could be dinner time. Since he didn't bring anything with him, he couldn't really get ready to go out.

Clay went back over to his bed to grab his dead phone. He decided to go out and find a charger or maybe get some food. As the door shut behind him he was met with silence. The hallways of the hotel were empty and dim. The only noise was the sound of Clays crutches sinking in and out of the floor boards making them creak.

He quickly got down to the main entrance of the hotel and looked around for a clock. He saw one hanging on the wall across the room, he squinted as he counted the ticks in his head. 2:03pm. He wasn't really taken aback by this, he'd been alone after all.

Alone.

I wonder how George is doing.

He honestly just wanted to go back home and be with his best friend. He knows he said some harsh things, but he was just confused with his emotions.

George had been creeping in the back of Clays mind all morning. He felt so uneasy knowing the way their last conversation went. Also sitting in the back of his mind was JJ. Clay was nervous she'd just show up and cause chaos; that's all she does anyways.

You know what i'll just go home for the charger.

Clay thought to himself as he left the dirty hotel and entered his car. He sat in the drivers seat for a while, still not even 100% sure if he should go home. His mind was fighting his actions.

George probably hates you. He won't like you anymore.

"Stop" Clay said to himself quietly as he rested his head against the cold steering wheel.

Stop what? Telling you the truth. C'mon you guys are done being friends, clearly.

"I said stop" Clays voice sounded more stern. He was starting to get angry with himself.

You don't control me.

The voices in Clays head were taking over his emotions. He started having flashbacks to the last time he saw JJ and George.