Take Action

George was still in shock at what he just heard, he couldn't process his thoughts at all. His mind went blank out of fear. He absentmindedly walked back up to the neighbor and handed her phone back to her. He didn't say anything and slowly walked away. He didn't feel real, how could something like this even happen?

Clays gone. JJ has him. What about the cops? Should I call the cops? No but JJ said i wouldn't see Clay again if i did. But i have to what if..... No stop she wouldn't do that. Would she? Where did i last see Clay? He went to a hotel. I think? Did he go to JJ? Maybe this is all a misunderstanding. No i doubt it.

George's mind started racing as he slowly walked back to Clays house. George didn't know why he didn't just use the neighbors phone to call the cops. That would be the most responsible thing to do. For some reason George's body was just directing him back home. For some reason George didn't feel the sudden urge to run back and grab the neighbors phone to call 911. For some reason George wasn't panically running home to try and figure out a plan.

For some reason.

He was just walking.

As his mind raced. And raced. And raced.

George arrived at the front doorsteps of Clays house, remembering the first time he was here. That was when he brought Clay home from the hospital. He remembered Clay looking so nervous, probably because his house wasn't the cleanest. But George never cared, he just wanted to be with Clay. In that moment he was just so grateful to be with his best friend. He wanted that feeling to last forever.

George looked behind him at Clays front walkway and remembered the first time he met JJ. His mind went over that crazy interaction. How scared Clay looked, how helpless he was. George remembered JJ charging towards him and slamming him right in the nose. George reached his hand towards his almost healed nose now and recalled the feeling of JJ's fist against it. George looked down and remembered when Clay was knocked over, how terrified he looked. His face was covered in regret and sorrow.

God. George wished he never got in that fight with Clay. He drove him away. They could've been together right now, watching movies, playing minecraft, going out. But no, they weren't together anymore. George turned back around and faced Clays door. He opened it slowly and stepped inside. George looked around and then brought himself to go into Clays room.

Why aren't you panicking?

George walked up the stairs and stepped into his best friends room.

Why aren't you calling the cops?

George immediately laid down on his bed and grasped the bedsheets. The smell of Clay was all over the room.

Do something! C'mon do something!

George turned over and noticed Clay had a landline phone on his bedside table. "I should call the cops" George said in a monotone voice.

He reached over and grabbed the phone, wondering why this situation wasn't hitting him harder than it should be, he dialed 911 and let it ring.

"Hello 911 what is your emergency?" This time a mans voice was at the other end of the call

"Hello, I'm George" He paused

The man on the other end chimed in "Hi George, what is your emergency today?" He waited for a response

"M-my friends in trouble" George could barely get his words out "His girlfriend is crazy and i think she might've hurt him. I don't know. She has his phone and she won't let me talk to him. She threatened me. I think she might do something bad to him." George quickly spit out after getting his thoughts in order