Faced with Fate

-EDIT- ( i know the doctors are extremely unrealistic in this chapter lmao i wanted to focus the story more on George and Clay than on the doctors😭😭)

Hii! I know things might be moving slowly in this chapter BUT shits about to hit the fan just you wait👏🏻

———————————————————————

George POV

Without even thinking George was looking up plane tickets to get to Florida. He knew it'd be expensive, but he wanted to be there for Clay. He needed to see him.

Ok, plane tickets.

George's fingers clicked his computer keys loudly as he searched through website after website.

$600? Jeez

George's mind was racing so fast he didn't even realize he had already booked a plane ticket. For that night.

I guess i'm going to Florida.

George backed away from his computer and realized what he had just done. What if Clay didn't want to see him? What if George was too late? He didn't have time to process anything he just wanted to be with his best friend. He sat up out of his chair and walked over to his closet. He dug through the piles of clothes and shoes on his floor until he found a blue suitcase fitted in the very back of the closet.

This'll have to do.

He yanked the suitcase out from behind the mess and threw it on his bed. He grabbed clothes at random and just stuffed them inside. He didn't know how long he was staying, he didn't care. This whole thing seemed rushed and very last minute. Well it was. He had just gotten off the phone with the police and he already booked a ticket to Florida.

Am i crazy?

George knew that as Clays best friend he wanted to see him, but he was very unaware of how strong these feelings were. He just dropped everything else in his life to go on a 10 hour flight to a place he's never been before. He doesn't even know what hospital Clay is staying at. He doesn't have a license. He doesn't know anyone else down there. Just Clay.

He looked over at his clock and realized he had to go to the airport very soon. He quickly packed the rest of his things up and grabbed a coat. He clearly forgot that where he was going is hot, because all he packed was long pants and sweatshirts. He raced out the door and called for an uber. The uber pulled up minutes later and George ran inside placing his suitcase next to him.

He looked out the window as rain started to sprinkle against the glass. He was getting impatient, he just wanted to see Clay. The car ride seemed to go on for ages until they finally reached the airport.

George quickly opened the door to leave and yelled "Thanks!" to the driver as he ran into the airport. He was already running a little bit late because traffic was horrible. He quickly got through TSA and ran through the terminals until he came across the right one. Boarding the plane went by a lot quicker than he anticipated it too. Before he knew it he was on a flight to Florida.

>>>

"Ladies and Gentlemen we are reaching landing in two minutes. Please make sure you take all personal items with you. Thank you for flying with EasyJet and have a nice trip!"

George hadn't even realized the plane was already in Florida. He became more aware of his surroundings as the plane lowered to the ground. He could feel himself heating up as the humid air filled up the plane. He instantly became uncomfortable and ripped off his sweatshirt. He looked down at his phone and saw a text message from an unknown number.