Chapter 10-Visitors

It definitely wasn't the best week to have guests over, but there was no going back now. Avi's older sister, Esther, would be staying with them for a few days, which had made him slightly calmer. Family always calmed him down. They seems to have things under wraps for the most part, Kevin having decided he'd take a step back for a while, so that wasn't a danger.

Kirstie however was absolutely terrified to meet this new person. She already was an embarrassment to her pack, she didn't want to make another person hate her. She hadn't been the same since she was found in the wardrobe. She'd stopped speaking to them and never accepted their help with anything.

She didn't want to greet the woman at the front door with everyone, but Kevin told her to, so she did. Instead, she sat in the corner of the living room as far away from the door as she could get, and listened to the commotion of the front door being opened to reveal the tall brunette woman.

Kirstie wasn't paying much attention to her, humming as a method of self soothing her anxiety of meeting the new woman. She just wanted to be invisible. People began to fan out once again, and the woman shook Avi's shoulder a bit.

"Who's that?" She asked her brother. He hadn't mentioned having a girl in the house on their last phone call when he was introducing people.

"That's Kirstin, we call her Kirstie. She's our Omega." Avi said.

The woman smiled slightly. "Oh, you didn't mention having an Omega." She offered the girl a small smile.

"She's a bit, odd." Avi said, thinking of the word. "I don't talk to her much, she's skittish and I don't want to scare her. That seems to be Kevin's job." Avi said.

"Well, if they moved her in here with you, there's probably a reason they need a smaller pack to keep an eye on her, right? Something may have happened." She sighed.

"I'm not sure. She definitely doesn't act normal." he explained. "She hit me."

Esther frowned. "That doesn't sound like an Omega." She shook her head. This would definitely be something she'd be investigating later.

"I think you're going to be sharing a room with Kirstie." Scott explained, as they assumed she wouldn't want to be subjected to the sweaty smells of any of the boys. "She's a sweet girl, and she might end up sleeping with Mitch anyways."

"Oh, that's okay. I don't mind, she seems easy enough." Esther shook her head. She was pretty much just keeping to herself, picking at the carpet beneath her.

"Sometimes." Avi said, before hearing Scott call for him. They had a couple of Beta forms to look over in the post. That just left Esther alone with the girl and decided to talk to her. "Hi Kirstie." she smiled, sitting on the sofa near the chair the girl was on. "I'm Esther, Avi's sister and a Beta." she said.

"Hi." She mumbled after a minute, trying to pick out the different tones in her voice to see if she was friendly, but got too frustrated when she couldn't and gave up. She didn't like new people, but at least this woman didn't seem like an angry alpha.

"How old are you? I'm twenty seven." she said, trying to get the girl talking. Her voice was hoarse, clearly not used recently. Esther was definitely concerned about her behaviour.

She pouted, not liking talking, and instead decided to use her fingers because it was less anxiety-provoking. She flashed all ten fingers, then another six, and put her hands back to figuring with the carpet. She just wanted to sink away into the floor.

"You're a baby." Esther awwed, thinking the pack would be all over twenty. She loved teenage omegas, they were always the sweetest and still innocent. Kirstie nodded, not wanting to disagree and get in trouble, and didn't realise it was metaphorical.