Chapter 4 - support

"I think me and you should talk about Kirst when we get home." Scott commented , and Kevin nodded. Avi was the one to furrow his eyebrows slightly, frowning in confusion. 

"Where is Kirstin, anyways?" He asked with a frown. The Alpha's eyes widened, glancing back to find no Omega. "Shit." He cursed under his breath, and the four quickly took off to go find the Omega. This was bad. Not only was she a small, female Omega, but she was now an unattended, quiet one. She wouldn't scream for help the way others would. 

Once back in the mall, they split up to cover more ground, each of them terrified. Scott, Avi and Mitch all concerned for her, even if they didn't know her very long they knew she was more vulnerable than most Omega's. Kevin, though he was beginig to tolerate the Omega more, was a bit more concerned about his ranking. How could he keep his perfect score if he lost the Omega he was in charge of! 

It was safe to say they were all extremely worried. What if she'd already been taken, or hurt? Looking frantically, no one had spotted her. Avi, who stopped just to catch his breath, suddenly became aware of the sound of shallow, labored breathing. He glanced around, finally, spotting the small figure. She'd somehow crawled into a small space between the wall and the display shelf of the store next door, curled up just enough to fit her small body.  She was crying, shaking her head and repeating words under her breath he couldn't quite make out. 

He sighed, carefully kneeling down in front of her. He took a deep breath, just to compose himself. She was already terrified, he couldn't snap at her. 

"Hey, Kirstin." He spoke softly. "There you are, it's okay. Do you think you  could crawl out of there for me?" He did his best to keep his voice soft, as he was sure he would be able to fit in to lift her out. 

She shook her head, recoiling. "They're g-gonna get me." She whispered, making Avi frown in confusion. Had she escaped from someone who was trying to hurt her? He sighed. 

"Kirst,.I promise, you're safe. The Alpha's will be here soon, they'll keep you safe." He assured. Still, the girl whimpered, shaking her head. Why wasn't he listening? Why couldn't he see what she had!

"N-No! Hurt 'em too." She whined. Avi was befinign to loose control. Luckily enough, Mitch had come.up behind him, as the mall wasn't too big for them not to run into one another. 

"No, Kirst, no one's gonna hurt anyone." He tried to soothe her, but she only whimpered at him. 

"Yes, they will!" She pouted tears in her eyes. 

"No, they won't! You're being irrational!" The beta finally snapped at her, growling slightly at her. No one expected a growl that deep from a beta.and.it gained a couple nasty looks that Mitch had to wave off before shoving Avi away from her. 

"Shut up! You're scaring the shit out of her!" He glared at the beta when he noticed the authoritive look he was giving Kirstin. Technically, she still had to listen to him until an Alpha said otherwise. What was his problem all about? The Omega whimpered. She didn't want to be in trouble, but also didn't want to get hurt. Slowly, Mitch decided to try his hand at coaxing her out. 

"Kirstin, c'mon, hun. I just need you to come out, and then we can get you home away from whoever is scaring you right now, okay?" He tried, keeping his tone soft. She shivered with a whine, but nodded. "H-have to be quick." She whispered, otherwise the mean monsters would catch up. They were fast. 

"Of course, Kirst. Now, c'mon, let's go back to the car." He explained, and she nodded, crawling out of the space and carefully taking his hand. They looked for Scott, finding him quickly, and he texted Kevin, who met them at the car. 

"Kirstin, why didn't you follow like I told you to?" Kevin growled at her, making her flinch back. "That behavior deserves a punishment."

She shook her head quickly, being a bit more alert right now. She didn't do well with stress, it often made her feel worse, and knew that wouldn't be good. "P-Please, don'-" she was cut off by the Alpha's deep growl, eyes flashing blue, and just crawled into the car. She had curled up, frowning, but stayed quiet as she did some of the breathing exercises one of her past therapists taught her. 

As soon as they were out of the car, Scott stopped his friend. "Kev, don't you think you could lighten up, just a little? She just got here." He asked hopefully, making Avi relived, as he didn't want to question the lead, and Mitch wouldn't have done it in such a polite manor. 

"She has to learn, Scott. If we want to make her a better Omega, she needs to learn to behave and take punishments." He reminded his friend, grabbing the Omega's arm tightly to pull her upstairs with him. She whimpered, trying to keep herself calm. Her brain seemed act up the most when she was stressed. She whimpered, and he closed the door, locking it behind the two of them. 

"Kirstin, you need to listen to me when I tell you to stay with me. You're getting thirty, twenty by hand, ten by a wooden spoon." He warns. She whimpers at that and he pulls her up quickly. "No noises." He warns. Strong Omegas could take a punishment without whining, and he wanted to teach her to be a strong Omega. Soon, she was leaned over the bed, and all that followed was his low tone and her few noises of pain. 

Soon, the lead Alpha sent her to her room for a 'time out', which basically meant time for her to calm down alone. Still, all the stress was taking a toll on the Omega. She couldn't stop herself from crying. She was able to keep herself together just enough so it didn't get bad enough for the lead Alpha to hear, but as Avi was right next to her room, he heard it all. 

The beta let out a sigh quietly. He didn't want to get involved, no matter how unfair he thought Kevin had been, but she just couldn't settle on her own. He'd just go check on her, maybe give her a hug, and that was it. 

"Kirstin?" He asked softly, carefully peeling into the room. She was curled up, crying, mumbling quietly to herself. She just whimpered at first, not truly aware of who was around her. Avi sighed, thinking for a moment. In his beta classes, he'd been taught after punishments Omega's need a lot of emotional support, and judging by his earlier actions, Kevin didn't give her that.

"Kirst, can I hug you? I think it will help you feel better?" He offered. Her first instinct was a no, but something inside of her forced her to nod, accepting his open arms of comfort. His arms were warm, and after all of the stress and pain, she needed the feeling of comfort. He just let her rest there, crying into his shirt until she slowly calmed down. "It's okay, Kirst. Punishment is over, it's just a little sting." He soothed her.  

Slowly, she began to relax, bring completely exhausted, she fell asleep against him. The beta chuckled, letting her stay for a while longer, and carefully picking her up to carry her to her bed. He really wanted to try to stay away from the Omega, so he didn't snap and scare her, but how could he do that if he needed to give her the emotional support Alpha's wouldn't? She was still an Omega after all.   

How do y'all feel about the way Kevin handled that? What about Avi sneaking in to try to comfort his new housemate?