Chapter 13- Chaotic Chores

Hi, everyone.

Here is a longer chapter to apologize my lack of updates. I've had some issues  lately, and a mix of  mental health issues, stress from exams, and some physical health problems that are resurfacing from when I was little, I've been feeling ill very often and have had issues finding times to write. I hope you all can be patient with me, as hopefully in a few weeks with school being over I can get this under control.

By lunch time the next day, things were already tense once again. Kirstie didn't know why, but when she came down to start on her lunch shift like Kevin had asked her, and came down to see the Alpha with his head in his hands. She frowned, that not being a usual thing she'd seen, and she wasn't sure what to do.

Hugs always made her feel better, so she decided to go up, and wrap her arms around him in a hug. When he noticed her, he pulled on a happy face.

"Oh, hi Kirst. What're you doing?" Kevin asked, not having seen the girl enter. She didn't hug him often, mainly only hugging Mitch and Esther so this was unexpected but surprisingly nice.

"Sad." She shrugged, pointing to him. "Hugs are nice."

"I'm not sad but I am stressed. We have pack exams already and I don't want anyone to fail." he told her, leaving out the part where he was most worried about her and Avi, and that if they fail they will be split up. He didn't want to worry her too much because then she'd just perform even worse.

"Oh." She frowned, not quite sure what that meant. She'd never taken them before, as she wasn't in a pack before this, and instead in a shelter for unwanted Omegas. She decided maybe another hug would help, even if it made her a bit uncomfortable. "Better?" She asked her Alpha. Good Omegas were supposed to be comforting and bring joy, and she wanted to be good.

"Much better thank you." he smiled, making her smile back. He patted the seat next to him but she whined, looking at the time. It was lunch time, and Kevin understood. "Okay, maybe after you've made lunch." he decided.

She nodded, that being a good plan. The boys had started to make compromises with her, so she could make something they liked for them as well as her special meal as to not bother her sensory concerns. That meant she made them some pasta, as well as some plain chicken for herself. She whined when she couldn't reach the plates, as they had yet to adjust things to her height, knowing she'd have to get help, she went to Kevin since he was nearby.

"Help?" She asked, barely above a whisper, but getting her to use her words was still a good improvement.

"Of course, good asking." Kevin praised, smiling when she made her happy noise, as he got the plates down. One of them was a bit dusty so he quickly washed it off as she laid the table. They were a pretty good team. "Kirst, can you get the others for lunch, please?" Kevin asked, though it was more rhetorical than questioning.

She nodded, and ran up the stairs to get Avi and Scott, being very happy as she felt like she was being good. It was easy enough, and when she got Mitch to open his door quickly ran in to grab his hand, gently pulling him downstairs. She knew he wouldn't make her talk.

"Wow did you make this, Kirst?" Mitch asked, making up his plate quickly. She nodded. "Well it smells wonderful. Thank you." he praised, before sitting in between her and Avi, and she rested her head on his chest for a moment, happy. But not everyone was happy.

"Alpha's sad." she told them, hoping that they'd be able to help also, not thinking that most Alphas wouldn't like their emotions being chatted about. Luckily Kevin didn't really mind at that moment.

"I'm not sad, Kirst." He assured her, "There are some things we should talk about, though." He sighed, knowing he'd need to inform his pack so they could begin to prepare for their inspection date. "I got an email from the council, and they've decided to push up the testing date of our pack by a few months, meaning we now have two months to prepare." He explained, and the others tensed, as they knew that was nowhere near enough time. Kirstie would need a lot longer than that to ever be considered close to a 'normal' Omega, but they could do their best to speed things up. Avi, however, Kevin wasn't sure if he had any control over how he did.