Chapter 31 - Discipline

The day came to a close, with Jia and Hobi finishing their interview and dance segment for a video they intended to go viral. They shot the sequences at the beach and booked their stay at the Sky Bay Hotel for two nights. The next day was allocated for shooting scenes with other vloggers.

On the way back to their rooms, Jia suddenly got dizzy. Jeon was able to catch her before she could stumble and steadied her.

"What's wrong, Jia?"

"I think I'm getting my period soon."

"Oh, it's still as bad as before?"

"Yes, my head is starting to hurt."

He knew about this from way back in college when Jia almost always got sick on every first day of her monthly period. She would have cramps and a really bad headache, sometimes even getting dizzy and unable to attend classes.

"Do you have your medication?"

"I do but I'm trying to avoid being dependent on it."

He motioned to Hobi to go ahead and have dinner with Hei-Won, while he carried Jia on his back to get her to her room faster.

"Sweetie take a hot shower, I'll order dinner. Let's just eat here, ok?"

"Jeon I'm not sure I can eat."

"We'll see, just take a shower and I'll get you something light. You think you can shower alone?"

"Jeon, don't start!"

"What? You said you were dizzy, I'm worried you might slip."

Jia had to laugh in spite of her headache. She pinched his cheek. "Damn cute, you spring that on me at a time like this."

"I'll come back ok? I'll shower as well and order food from my room. But we'll eat here."

"OK." With a last caress on her cheek, he went out and left her alone.

She took a shower and changed into flannel pajamas, liking the fuzzy feeling against her skin. She took out her heating pad, ready to be plugged into the socket nearest her bed, for use when her stomach cramps set in.

She responded to a knock on her door and found Jeon standing in front of her in a white shirt and baggy joggers, his hair still damp. He wrapped an arm around her and closed the door behind him, pulling her to the couch to sit with him, leaning on his shoulder.

"You ok? Feeling better?"

"Yes, I took something to dull the pain, it seems to be working now."

"I ordered porridge and some mandu for you. Sounds good?"

"Yes, I'm a bit hungry now."

As though on cue, the bell rang and their orders arrived. Jeon ordered pork cutlet and vegetables for himself. They were eating when the bell rang again. Jeon got up to answer the door. To his, surprise, it was Hei-Won.

"Oh. Jeon, sorry this is Jia's room, right?"

"Yes it is, come in."

"No, no, I just.....I just....."

"Hey, it's ok, come in. Have you had dinner?"

"No...I mean yes I had dinner but no, I won't come in. I was just....never mind. Bye."

She almost ran away from the door, her heart beating so fast. She knew that Jeon took Jia to her room, she just didn't expect him to be there in Jia's room, freshly showered, looking so comfortable. She just wanted to see how Jia was. But really, who was she kidding? She went there to check on Jeon, to see if he would be in Jia's room, doing what? It was clear that they were just having dinner, she saw the table filled with food and there were two settings, Jia was sipping what looked like soup or porridge.