Introduction

The Main Characters

Jeon Jungkook is a Korean videographer and director of music videos, vlogs, short films, and advertisements. Straight after graduation, he set up a small production company, funded by his winnings from film festivals he joined as a student and a grant that he was awarded for creating impactful documentaries about the environment. In demand in his field for his creativity and technical expertise, Jeon Jungkook is a rising star in the entertainment and creative industry in New York City.

He finished his Cinematography and Video Production degree at New York University, where he was a popular athlete and college heartthrob. An introvert, he maintained a small circle of friends, which included Shin Ji-yah, the girl he not-so-secretly liked.

 An introvert, he maintained a small circle of friends, which included Shin Ji-yah, the girl he not-so-secretly liked

Shin Ji-Yah, more popularly known as Jia, is a Korean model, budding actress and vlogger. She was a bright student and got into New York University under a scholarship program for exchange students. Popular on campus, she got into modeling early on and enjoyed a large following on her social media accounts for her viral posts that showcased her singing and dancing.

Jia majored in Digital Communication and Media, also from New York University. After graduation, she went into full-time vlogging with Jungkook as her director/videographer and was signed up for a career with an entertainment agency in New York. She was smitten by her best friend whom she fondly calls Jeon, but her ambitions got in the way of their relationship.

 She was smitten by her best friend whom she fondly calls Jeon, but her ambitions got in the way of their relationship

The Story

Jeon and Jia are in love but refuse to break the bond of their friendship. Content with not revealing what they feel for each other, they decide not to date other people and remain constantly together even after graduation. Embarking on lofty career plans, they vow to be fully supportive of each other's careers and work together as much as possible.

But their feelings grow deeper and harder to suppress. One night, an unforgettable incident changed how they handled their lives together. Will this signal a change for the better, or will they discover that their feelings weren't worth pursuing after all?

Wherever is a story about how decisions affect our lives and how important it is to weigh personal and professional priorities.

Note:

This story is in an alternate universe setting and their ages in the story will not be the same as their ages in real life. Thus, their ages in different times and events are not the same how their age should be in real life.

Fun Fact:

"Wherever" was the first title of Jungkook's self-composed song "Stay," an EDM track included in BTS' latest album, BE. The song was supposedly meant to be the last track in his mixtape but the other members liked it and asked to include it in their album.