Truths

With Mario's goal reached they headed for Peach's castle. Bowser who was finally going to try and win Peach's heart wasn't really excited about it. He was always so lose in Peach he didn't ever think of looking around at all the other options. He was never looking at the right one. 

They both walked through Toad town once again. Bowser could feel many eyes on him. The toads were very close to their houses and eyeing him closely. Mario knew why. Toads snitched and spread word of Prince Bowser looking similar to King Bowser. Never reached Peach though. He walked next to Bowser just looking at him. He was tall, handsome, and surprisingly kind. A bit of an asshole but that made it better. Bowser didn't dress like a prince at all but he sure did act like one. Well he was a King after all. Mario didn't mind though. In fact he admired him. Always trying his best to get what he wants. He doesn't stop and even when he embarrasses himself that doesn't stop him either.  

Mario wished he was like that. Always confident in yourself and not letting things stop you. The determination to continue even when you fail so many times. Sure many times he knew he was confident and determined when in combat but outside that. He feels weak. Even now with feelings towards him it's not like it matters. Everything he was doing was for Peach, no one else. Telling him would be too awkward. I'm so weak. Weak.  weak  

Many things were bothering Bowser as he continued the path towards her castle. Toad town was big so he had loads of time to think.  

The first time when I meet Mario in my human form. Something felt off. The way he was so passionate about how me and peach should be together. That I deserve her for going my best. Did Mario admired me? But for what? For my confident or determination. I guess maybe that's what he wants. Bowser looked at Mario, who was looking at Bowser. Mario's face turned a slight red color before he cracked a smile. Bowser stilled wonder about Mario. Feeling a bit bad for him. 

When they arrived at the castle's doors, Peach was already there waiting for them. She saw that Prince Bowser was with him. As Bowser was about to speck, Peach interrupted him. "Excuse me but can Mario and I have a talk while you wait out here." Her voice was sweet and gentle not wanting to upset Bowser. Bowser nodded and Peach grabbed Mario's wrist a bit roughly then expected and pulled him towards the throne room before making a left turn to the living room.   

 They were standing in the middle of the room. Someone was listening in closely. "Listen Mario I-" Mario stared at her calmly. "I don't like that Bowser prince." Mario was confused. "What?! But you haven't even got to know him yet." "I know that, but the truth is that I-" Mario was starting to get nervous, his eyes were curious on the information about to be spilled. Peach looked down, not wanting to look at Mario's face. "I shouldn't have rejected you" The last few words were murmured out. But Mario still heard them. He was in a state of shock. But his feelings already changed. His desire to be with Peach disappeared into thin air. 

"I been thinking back on you. A-and I really love you Mario. You were the perfect man for me and was so stupid and blind to not see that." Peach's hand moved towards Mario's and clasp them softly. Mario was starting to get worried on what Peach was planning. Mario moved his hands a bit trying to signal he doesn't want his hands hold. Peach let go slowly in respond. She gave him a small smile. It looked super weak.   

Her hands moved to touch Mario's soft cheeks. Getting ready to kiss him on the lips. He swatted her hand away roughly. Not rough enough to hurt her but enough to send a message. Peach's heart was breaking and she felt like tears were about to come out. 

"I'm sorry but your hero is in another castle." He marched towards the exit slow and calm. Not wasting his time looking back. His footsteps slowly became faint. Peach felt heartbroken, yet that heart has just snapped. Whoever he had liked was going to pay. Toadworth got out of his hiding spot. "I told you Princess. You had your chance." Peach put her hands over her face trying to hid her soft sobs.