Part 5

I was speechless.  How did-How did he know? I was so confused. I didn't know if I should hide it or admit it. Would he tell anyone? He would. He hates my guts. But at the same time....... maybe he changed. maybe.

"Who is this King Bowser, you speck of?" I respond with a grin. I narrow my eyes at him to look intimidating. I always do this when we fight. Of course every time I did do it, it had no affect.  

He signed. "I guess you don't want my help" He said, crossing his arms. That was not the answer I was expecting. Will he help me? "Listen here, I know for a fact that you King Bowser. okay?" He was pointing at me now. I wanted to nod in agreement, but I realized that is may have been the purpose of him saying that. I remain quiet but I listen more closely. "Peach doesn't love me that such is clear to me, she rejected me." He paused for a bit. "But I see that you have all this determination to win her heart, you always try to find ways to get her attention." He looked at me with his big blue eyes but quickly glanced away. He put his fist on his chest now. "Even when it doesn't work.... ". He paused again, a bit longer than last time. He was looking straight at me now. "You still continue." His eyes now looked determined, like he was making an order. 

I never knew Mario was thinking all of this. I never seen, someone else speck to me like this. Then again it is Mario, he doesn't really fear me like the rest of my minions. It was like he was finally telling his deepest secrets. But he wasn't. I wanted to speck up. But my voice didn't make a sound, so I remained quiet. But, Why? Why after all this time, is talking about this to me? It feels like he's talking to a long time friend. But we never were friends. Or were we? I mean, I'm the one who kidnaps her, so shouldn't I be in the wrong. But then again, I don't do anything else bad. I just kidnap her like it's normal. We always fought over peach, but now he's like giving permission to marry her. Does...........never mind. It's not important.  

"I was hoping that...." He stared off from my direction. "That we can be friends or frenemies, or ummm whatever floats your boat." he said now smiling, that once determined mood gone, just like that. His pretty blue eyes now shining on me. Like a crystal in a dark cave. HIs kind smile staring right at me. Mario always have the most genuine smiles. 

It was that moment that I completely forgot about Peach. Even though she was the entire reason, I came here in the first place. She never came to mind, when Mario talking. I could only hear his sweet voice. sweet...............no no no no. not that! ermmm more like friendly voice. yea that's right. wait did call his eyes pretty. hope not. 

I was still quite. It felt like it was happening so fast. No words could come out of my mouth. Then he raised his hand towards me and turned it into a fist. His fist a bit higher than his head in order for me to hit it. I was a lot taller than him.  And of course I was taller than his brother too, hehe. He looked me with that smile. That damn fucking smile, hurt me. My heart. His sparking blue eyes were staring  right at me.  I could feel myself getting warm. The warmest I felt around Peach, now also was around.......Mario? I smile back at him. Without even realizing it. 

Then I put my hand into a fist, and gave him the good fist bump. He seem so happy when I did that. I think I surprised him by doing so. It was refreshing seeing Mario like this. Must much as I hate to admit it. "Soooo just to be clear, it is you right?" he said with his hands in front. He fiddled with his fingers a bit. He looked at me, waiting for an answer. His cute face staring right at me. I guess he was nervous. He looked a bit pink, like he was blushing or embarrassed. I decided I was going to deliver. No more being quite, time to show the real me.  

"Yea, I'm the amazing Bowser you know!" I laugh. The evil laugh everyone in the kingdom knows and hates. "Listen her-" "Great, so what do you want to learn about the pretty princess" he said with a calming voice. "What? oh... I want to learn more about.." I couldn't think of anything I wanted to learn about her. I mean I wasn't expecting things to go so.. smoothly.  I stand there, thinking. I was going to insult him, you know the usual, but that interrupted my train of thoughts. I feel like an idiot.