New bonds

A/N:this is long enjoy! also title. 

Bowser and Mario walked out of castle's big doors. They walked through toad town and only gave each other short glances once in a while. Pasting toads looked at Mario cheerfully but seeing the Prince next to him gave them quite a scare. As they finally pasted Toad town, Mario could see Bowser's shoulders relax. Mario chucked at thought of Bowser bring scared of some toads. But even Mario knew why he was scared. Bowser was seen as a prince to everyone, him needed to act formal. Mario teased Bowser a bit by taking out his phone and walking backwards while looking at him with smirk. Bowser didn't show a sign of anger, but he had a feeling that he was definitely mad.   

Mario's hands were in his overall pockets. Tapping his red phone in his pockets. Deciding on whether to tell Luigi the situation. Bowser wanted to talk to him, but nothing could come to mind about him. They were still walking through Toad town. If the toads were to see or hear him lash out on Mario....he matter not think about it. He couldn't help but look at Mario though. If Bowser told his past self that he will be "buddies" with Mario, he just laugh it off and said it's some shitty dream. Yet here he is with his sore enemy. Walking by his side. Looking at his crystal blue eyes.   

As soon as they got out of toad town, Bowser knew he could get talking. The birds were chirping and the wind was blowing the leaves on the trees. The flowers danced in the wind with butterflies and bees hovering around them. How peaceful the Mushroom kingdom is something Bowser never sees, since he's always the one destroying it. 

"Just to let you know shorty, don't act all buddy buddy with me! Got it!" Bowser growled a bit, his sharp teeth looking at Mario. He was really to fight Mario, has much as Mario was helping him, he was starting to realize it might be a trap. The kind guy helping out the bad guy only to betray him in the end. A big part of him hated Mario. But a part of him wanted to get to know Mario. A part of him wanted to be with Mario. And Bowser hated that. 

Mario rolled his eyes. Hard. That type of eye roll when you hear something for the millionth time. "Got anything more creative to call me?" Mario said cocking one of brows up. "Also, says the one who gave me a fist bump to his SORE ENEMY!"  

"Oh yea? I can just call you shit asshole stache!" Bowser yelled, clearly just throwing cuss words to sound more mean. Mario laughed. Bowser tilted his head in confusion. "Oh? Is cussing your way of specking to me now?" Mario said growing a smirk as he spoke. Bowser liked that smirk, so he smirked back. "Yes" Bowser said. Both were smirking at just each other looking like idiots before laughing off the walls. "God, we are so stupid" Mario said through laugher. "Your the idiot who started it" Bowser said still laughing. 

Bowser and Mario both though to themselves "Why haven't I hang out with them more?" That's one thing Bowser can't get off his mind. The power to make everyone his friend. No matter how much you hate him, no matter that you don't know him he finds a way. For fuck sake's he made one of his biggest rivals his friend. Even when his blue rival was always talking shit on him he still was kind and sweet to him. Bowser would know, he was there when it happened.    

There was a moment of silence before any of them spoke. Mario was the one to break it. "Say why did you return the fist bump?" his voice sounding confuse and innocent as ever. Bowser took note of that. He remained quiet, for he obviously knew the truth. Telling Mario would be just too.... awkward. His smile is what really sold him, to trust him in that very moment. That very moment when sending time with Mario, he completely forgot about Peach. Bowser knew he has to lie and he knew that Mario would find the truth sooner or later. 

"Umm. well to be honest" He wasn't being honest. "I just thought that maybe just maybeeee you will help me." Bowser's voice sounded shaky near the end. He hoped that Mario wouldn't notice. But it's Mario. "You sounded a bit shaky there, you alright?" Bowser glurped. He was worried for him? His enemy worried for him? Bowser couldn't believe it. This doesn't feel real, yet it is happening. "Yea, just nervous about this whole Peach thing." Bowser said looking at the rough dirt path they were walking on. Not wanting to look at Mario after lying two times in a row. He felt guilty to lie to him now. His heart has become softer than fur.