Solution?

When Mario got back home the first thing he did was flop over on the couch in the living room. His expression was not one of joy, but pure despair. Luigi was upset to see Mario look like this. He was always full of energy and so happy. He would always smile. A real smile. Until Peach's rejection.  He was good at faking his happiness when he was near her. But as soon as he turned the other way his expression will change quickly. To everyone else it looked real but to Luigi it was easily visible. After all they were brothers.   

Meeting her was the one of the best things to happen to Mario. She was kind, pretty, and always eager to help the people she cared most about. Her beautiful smile was sure to make someone feel better again. Mario loved to spend time with her. But while spending time with her Mario would always felt sick to his stomach. He realized it was love, he had fell for the princess.  

Mario was scared to feel love again after what happen with Pauline. Mario had many doubts in their relationship and he wasn't one to make the first move. He didn't want to make a move. Even though Luigi and other toads would cheer him on to tell her, he never would.  Was he too scared to be rejected or did he had doubts in his true love for Peach? No one knows the answer. Not even Mario.

When it came to love Mario didn't know a whole lot about it. He did not like to talk about his love life. It wasn't really his thing. Mario did had a speck of hope left. Thinking maybe Peach did love him and they could live happily together. 

Of course that didn't happen. It crushed Mario's heart. More than he thought it will. Luigi will always try to cheer him up. It worked but to Luigi it doesn't seem like it did much of a difference. Luigi was heartbroken because of this. He thought to himself maybe he needs to find someone else to love. Luigi for a while now he his been thinking about telling Mario his idea. And today was the day. He was nervous as it could put Mario in a worse state than he already is. 

"Hey Mario!" I spoke. Mario was on the couch. "What" he said. He said it with almost no emotion. Like he was reading from a script. "Um" I'm getting nervous. Having no idea how Mario will response. What if he doesn't take it well? Will he get mad?  Mario is not one to get mad at me like some people think. But maybe under a lot of pressure he could snap. I was lost in my train of thought before I heard "Are you going to speak up soon? Overwise I'm leaving." As soon as he said that he got up and processed towards the door. Shit. I panicked and did the first thing I could think of.

I quickly jumped on Mario and hugged him tightly. Mario was squirming a bit and almost tripped from the sudden attention. "Luigi seriously?" He spoke with a hint of anger in his voice. Was this his best effort in being mad?  I decided I had it. "Mario, I love you so much! Please! It hurts me to see you in this much pain. I want you to be happy again. I want the real you. please!" I yelled. When I lower my voice I didn't realize I was crying over my screaming. Mario's eyes were wide. I wasn't one to yell at him but I was desperate. He looked down at the floor. His hat covering his face so I couldn't see his expression. Was he sad or mad? I couldn't care less, I had to let him know. This was my chance and I'm not about to ruin it by being a pussy. 

"Mario have you thought of trying to find someone new? Maybe that will keep your mind off. You should stop hiding in your room. It will only hurt you more! Please listen to me!!" I said yelling again. I didn't want to yell. But my sheer determination to make him happier made me. Mario had his hands behind his back. He glanced at me with watery eyes but quickly rubbed them before saying "You're right Luigi. I should do something about this. Hiding isn't going to solve it. But will finding someone really help? What happens if I don't find anyone?" He said. His voice was cracking and tears were now falling. I held my arms up waiting for him to embrace me. He swiftly hugged me back crying into my chest. I hugged him tightly and rubbed his back like a mother would. I then realized I didn't answer his question. I had to response otherwise he may think I ignored him.    

I paused a bit to think of a good answer. "I'm sure you will find someone out there. You just need to find them. Maybe it's someone you already know. You just didn't know it" I said with a smile. He lifted his head up towards me and smiled back. "Thank you Luigi. I never knew I needed this. Thank you! I love you too Luigi!" Mario said as he squeezed me hardly than before. For the first time it seems like he finally smiled. A real one. It's an improvement.    

AN: to anyone reading this, hoped you liked it. until next time!