J3T

GEORGE

Today y/n was taking Ava to the park. y/n was a good friend to the band and would do anything to help one of the guys out if we asked. Ava loved spending time with y/n, always coming back with crazy stories and jokes about what the two of them had done. Despite being the same age as me y/n was a big child, she had her mature moments, but she also messed around not caring what others thought of her.

After getting some writing done I decide to head down to the park which y/n had taken Ava to because I liked her being close to home. The weather was a little overcast so not many people were out with their kids, but as I approach the park play area I can already hear y/n and Ava laughing like maniacs.

Ava sees me and runs over to me, 'daddy you came.'

I bend down and hug her, 'I couldn't stay in any longer, where's y/n?'

Ava giggles and points behind her, 'I dared y/n that she couldn't fit in the baby swing, but she fits.'

I glance over to where Ava was pointing and shake my head, but I can't keep the smile off my face. y/n was sat in one of the child swings without a care in the world.

'George come and push me, pretty please,' y/n begs.

I roll my eyes, take Ava's hand and walk towards the swings, 'what is wrong with you y/n?'

y/n shrugs her shoulders, 'you know George, I get asked that question a lot.'

It didn't surprise me one bit that y/n got asked that question a lot, then Ava tugs on my jeans, 'daddy you need to push y/n.'

y/n gives me two thumbs up and I sigh, 'fine, I'll push you but only for a few minutes.'

Ava sits cross-legged on the grass next to the swings giggling as I approach y/n and prepare to push her, 'what would have happened if you'd gotten stuck y/n?'

y/n snorts, 'look at my thin figure I'll be able to fit in these swings for years to come.'

I don't say anymore and begin pushing y/n. She demands I push her as high as I can, but the swings looked like they'd seen better days and too much pushing would break them. And I wouldn't know how to explain that to the local council.

If anyone else was in the play area with us they'd think we were bonkers, because it should be Ava in the swing and y/n laughing on the grass, not vice versa. The smile never left my face, this was a nice way to relax after work.