Chapter 3

Max's POV:
I hear voices. Some are soft and soothing and the others sound like fighting almost. I'm feeling dizzy and in pain. Then I remembered what happen. Aiden beat me with his belt for getting detention. He wouldn't even let me explain what really happened. Not like he would've believed me anyway. He proved that. I'm afraid to open my eyes. I want to stay asleep forever at this point. My bottom and my legs are in so much pain. He not only hit my bottom but also my thighs. I feel someone gently brushing my hair with their hand. Benji used to do that when I was upset or after I got spanked when I was younger. Back when he actually cared about me.
I slowly start to open my eyes and as soon as I do, tears come out of them because sod the amount of pain I start to feel. It almost hits me like a bulldozer. I accidentally let out a small whimper which immediately catches all three of my brothers attention in my room.
Benji: "hey. Shhhh. Shhh. It's okay maxi. Hey it's okay. I'm here. It's going to be okay"
I continue to whimper. I can't stop the tears that are coming from my eyes. I have no control over them.
Ace: "hey Sweetie. I'm sorry. I know it hurts. I'm trying to make it stop okay. I'm trying sweetie. How's your head? Do you remember if you hit it when you fell?"
I don't remember anything after blacking out. My head hurts but it's from crying so much I think.
The last person I ever wanted to see decides to speak up after stepping in front of me.
Aiden: "I'm so so sorry Max. I never meant to do this. I went too far. I'm so sorry Max. I never should have..."
Benji: "you're damn right you never should have. Look what you did to my sister. She can't even move"
Benji yelled at Aiden. This shocked me. Looking at Aiden made me cry more.
I don't want him here. I'm afraid of him now. What more could he possibly do to me.
Me: "please leave"
Ace: "we have to make sure you're okay Max. I can't leave you here in this state after you just passed out"
Me: "please leave me. I don't want you here. Please"
I said this looking straight at Aiden.
Benji: "she wants you to leave so get out Aiden"
Aiden went to go give me a kiss on my head but I let out a loud cry for help and turned my head away towards Benji. I don't want him to touch me or even be near me right now.
I hear Aiden walk out of my room after loudly sighing.
Benji starts rubbing my back.
Ace: "max how are feeling"
Me: "broken"

Aces POV:
As soon as she said that word, my heart shattered. She didn't deserve this. No matter how bad it was that she did. She didn't deserve this. Aiden took it too far. I know he feels guilty and he will well deservedly best himself up over what he's done to our sister.
Me: "it's going to be okay Max. I'll make sure of it. I have some pain killers here. I put lotion and numbing spray on your backside love. It should help. We will put more of it on in about an hour or two okay. We will leave you alone. I know you want some privacy right now."
Benji: "if you need anything max, just call us okay sis."
She didn't respond. We walked out of her room and I closed her door as much as I could. I'll need to replace that tomorrow since I had to kick it open.
Benji sits on the floor outside her door.
Me: "Benji what are you doing"
Benji: "it's all my fault. Even I didn't ask her what happened. I didn't even talk to her. I just told her oh you're gonna get it when we get home. It's all my fault. I should've stopped him or calmed him down. I should've talked to her and listened to her. It's my fault. I'm staying here in case she needs me Ace. You can't make me move"
My heart broke for my little brother. He loves his twin the most out of all of us. He has a special connection to her. I'd have to say she is all of our favorites. She is our weakness. Our soft spot.

Benji's POV:
I feel absolutely miserable. It's my fault. I can't believe I didn't listen to her. I should've stopped Aiden. He beat her to the point she was bleeding and she passed out. God. That terrified me. Max means the absolute world to me. She's my twin. My baby sister by two minutes. I know I haven't been spending much time with her lately and it's my fault but I love her so much.
I'm sitting outside her door just listening to her soft heartbreaking sniffles. She's in pain. So much pain. I can't bear it. When ace and I were sitting in the kitchen listening to Aiden spank her with his belt, my heart was breaking. Her screams and cries for help and for him to stop were earth shattering.
I won't let him near her now. If she doesn't want him near her then I'll make sure he isn't. I should've protected her better. I failed as her brother and twin. I failed her and I refuse to let myself do that to her again.
It's been a couple hours and I hear Max start to cry again. I gently knock on her partially open door and walk in.
Me: "max can I come in. It's just me."
Max: "it hurts Benny"
Me: "I know sweetheart. I know. I'm so sorry Maxi. Let me all for ace. He will help"
Max: "why do you all hate me so much. What did I do so wrong"
When those words can out of her mouth, I felt like the worlds worst brother. I saw Ace standing in the doorway. I know he heard it too.
Me: "we could never hate you Max. Never. We love you so much. Aiden was angry. He lost control. You didn't deserve this. I'm so sorry"
Max: "I called for you guys. I called for you to help me and you didn't come. No one came"
My eyes have tears coming from them.
Ace: "we should've come max. I'm so sorry we didn't. We made a mistake and we're so sorry about it sweetheart. We will never make a mistake like this again."
Ace helped take care of Max's wounded bottom. He gave her more painkillers and tucked her into bed.

We decided she wasn't going to school in the morning and that Ace would stay home with her. Aiden called the school to inform them that she would be out sick for at least two days.

I went to school on Thursday and asked around a few classmates about what happened in class that day and they all said the same thing. Max never talks in class so they didn't know why Mr.Jones singled her out like that. I should've believed my sister. This is absurd. And she has to come back to school tomorrow and sit through detention too.
I head home after school and tell Aiden and Ace what I was told by other students today. I'm pissed at Aiden for what he did but I played a part also. I didn't stop him and I should have. He looks even guiltier then he has the past two days since she spanked her.
I went upstairs to check on max. She was laying on her side on her bed reading a book.
Me: "hey max"
She turned around and gave me a small gentle smile.
Max: "hi Benny"
Me: "how are you feeling"
She just shrugged her shoulders. Anytime Ace or I ask her how she is feeling, she just shrugs. She hasn't said anything to us besides feeling broken the other night.
Me: "I can help you with the schoolwork you missed if you like"
Max: "I already finished it but thank you."
Me: "oh okay. Do you want some company?"
Max: "why are you talking to me"
This confused me.
Why wouldn't I talk to her. She's my twin. My sister.
Me: "what do you mean Max. Of course I want to talk to you"
Max: "Benny you never talk to me anymore. You don't spend time with me. I've become invisible to you since the beginning of summer last year"
I didn't even realize she felt this way. I know I started to ignore her. It wasn't really on purpose. I just started hanging out with the more popular crowd. She didn't seem interested in that scene and she did her own thing. I didn't think she thought that meant I didn't want to be around her anymore.
Me: "I'm so sorry Max. I didn't realize it upset you like that. I wish you had told me sooner. I didn't realize. I'm truly sorry. Your my sister. My twin. You're literally my other half. I need you in my life."
Max: "I need you too Benny"
I laid down next to her and we chatted for the next few hours until Ace brought dinner up to us in her bedroom.
Ace: "how are you feeling love"
She just shrugged. Ace gave me a look that says I know she's not okay even though she won't admit it, look.
Ace: "you have to go back to school tomorrow love. Aiden called the school and inquired about what happened in class that day. A few students have voiced their opinion in the matter and have said that you didn't talk at all that class and they thought it was unfair you were called out like that. Aiden will get to the bottom of it. Unfortunately you still have to serve detention for Mr. Jones until everything is figured out"
Max: "he believed random students but not his own sister"
Ace: "he feels horrible about everything he has done and said max. He is trying to earn your forgiveness."
Max just nodded her head.
We both left her room and went to our own rooms for the night.