Chapter 7

Benjis POV:

Everything is a mess right now. I only found out about the contract for Max to marry Pietro about a month ago. I knew she would hate it and would never agree to it. He seems like a good guy but she deserves so much more then this life. She deserves to love and be loved on her own terms.
I was proud of her for standing up for herself. When she stormed off, Aiden followed after her. I knew they were both upset but I didn't think he would do anything especially after the last few weeks. I've never seen Max so depressed. She's lost so much weight and she's not herself. She barely talks anymore. It's breaking my heart.
After a little bit Aiden came back downstairs and immediately he entered his office. Pietro went to go try to talk to Max while Ace and I sat in the kitchen contemplating what to do next.
Not after long Pietro storms downstairs. He looks livid.

Pietro: "where the hell is he" he asks eerily. I can feel the anger radiating off of him.

Ace and I look at each other with confusion written all over our faces.

Pietro: "WHERE THE HELL IS HE"

Ace: "Aiden?"

Pietro: "yes. Where?"

I tell him office and he storms in their. Ace and I follow behind and stand at the door. Next thing we know is Pietros fist connecting with Aidens face.

Pietro: "how FUCKING DARE YOU LAY A HAND ON HER. None of this was her fault you bastard."

I'm confused and then realize.

Benji: "you hit her again" I stated more so then asked. I knew he did just by the look on his face.
I ran out of the room and up to Maxines room. I quietly enter snd hear her light snores so I know she's sleeping. I notice Ace sneak in behind me with the flashlight on his phone on. He walks all the way to her and gently pulls back her blankets and lifts her housecoat up. She must've fallen asleep in it.
I immediately feel the anger that Pietro did. She has welts and bruises. I notice her face is tear stained and red and puffy.
I'm disgusted with my brother. I disgusted to be apart of this family. I'm disappointed in the fact I let my sister, my twin sister, down again. I didn't even know. I never thought he would do this again to her after the last time.
Ace didn't want to wake her up but notice her backside was cleaned and disinfected. I'm guessing Pietro helped her. I should've been the one to help her. I should've been here to stop it. I should've fought harder for Aiden to pull out of the contract but he gave up trying last week when he couldn't find an easy loophole. I climb into bed behind Max and wrap my arm around her. Ace tosses a blanket over the both of us and shuts the door on his way out.

Pietro's POV:

After landing several hits onto this bastard, Ace enters and yells at us both to stop. There wasn't much to stop as Aiden barely got a hit in on me. Pathetic.

Pietro: "what kind of man beats his sister for something she had no say in and no idea about. What kind of person beats them black and blue to the point they are bleeding. I told you yesterday not to lay your hands on her in that way."

Aiden: "how I discipline my sister is not up to you. She still lives under my roof"

Pietro: "it is absolutely up to me as I am her fiancé. I will not have a battered wife. I will not have someone who is terrified of men especially myself. You've left enough scars on her. HOW DARE YOU HURT HER!"

Ace: "you've gone too far again Aiden. You've los try support and trust completely."

Aiden: "when she breaks the rules one too many times she knows she gets my belt. That's how she as a girl is punished in this family and business so she better get used to it. I know that's how you're father punished your mother snd sister. It's no different in this family"

Pietro: "HOW DARE YOU BRING THEM UP. She will move in with me in four days when I'm back from my business meeting . I will not allow her to stay here another moment and be beaten into worthless submission. Ace, make sure she packs everything she wants or needs."

Aiden: "the contract says in a month so that is when you will get her"

Pietro: "fine then. We are no longer allies. I declare war on you. Good luck"

Aiden: "BULLSHIT"

Pietro: "DO I LOOK LIKE IM BLUFFING"

Aiden: "fine. Four days. She's yours."

Thank god. I can take her away from this hell hole. Ace nods at me, clearly agreeing and supporting my decision and my tactics to get what I want.

Pietro: "lay another finger on her again, and it's war. You don't touch her. You don't speak I'll to her. Do you understand me?"

Aiden: "yes"

I walk out of that house and head back to my hotel. I hated leaving my Bambina there but I don't have much of a choice. I need to deal with some business with casinos in the next state over for the next four days then I'll be back to take her home with me. Where she will be safe. I can trust Ace will make sure she is safe at that house until then. If I find out any of them hurt her these next few days, they will be losing their heads.

Max's POV:

I wake up and it's 7:30am. I realize I'm still in my housecoat. I gently get off my bed snd make my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I notice Benji fast asleep on the other side eod my bed. I'm sure he found out about my punishment no doubt. I turn on the water to warm and step in. I sit on the floor of the shower and cry. It seems that is all I do nowadays. Cry. I wash my hair and body then step out of the shower. I look at myself in the mirror and absolutely hate the girl looking back at me. Then again, the girl looking back at me is myself. But it's true, I hate myself more then anyone right now. I wish I wasn't living this life. I wish I wasn't alive. I take a razor from my razor blade and glide it across my left wrist. Deep enough for it to bleed but not deep enough for it to kill me....yet. I made four cuts along my left arm that I can hide wearing long sleeves. I deserve this pain. I'm never good enough so I'm my mind it makes sense. I'm punishing myself for not being good enough for anyone not even my family. Or myself. I clean the cuts and change into sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
By the time I'm all done and walk into my room, Benji is awake.

Benji: "you had me worried. Are you okay"

I just nodded my head and awkwardly stood by my bathroom door.

Benji: "max. I didn't know. I swear. I didn't think he would do it again. I'm so sorry. Please max just talk to me. Are you in pain? Can I do anything to help?"

Max: "can you please leave me alone"

Benji: "Max please let me stay"

Max: "please go Benji"

Benji: "okay max. I'm so sorry. I love you so much max"

Benji walks out the door and as he does, Ace sneaks in.

Ace: "max I know you're not okay. Can I do anything to help?"

He talks to me like a child. Calmly.

Max: "I'm fine. Please, I'd like to be alone"

Ace: "okay max. I'm so sorry love. What happened upset us all including Pietro. So much that we decided it would be best for you to move in with him at least for now when he gets back from his trip in three days. Hun and I agree, you'll be safer there"

I have mixed feelings. I feel like my brothers are throwing me away or kicking me to the curb. But at the same time, I feel kind of relieved that Pietro was upset about what happened. I still have my doubts about how he will treat me but I guess I'll never know if I don't try. Not like I have a choice in the matter.

Max: "it's not like I have a choice"

Ace: "Max..."

Max: "please can I be alone"

Ace: "okay max. I love you"

He closed the door and I locked it behind him. I go back to my bed and notice Pietro left his number on my bedside table. I text him as he requested. I laid on my stomach to help ease the pain on my backside while I waited for him to message me back. I'm a constant burden and this goes to show it. Why me. Why do I have this life.