Chapter 11

Pietro's POV:

It's been a few weeks since Max kissed me. She also turned 18 two weeks ago. She didn't want a big celebration or party so we settled on her allowing me to take her out to dinner. I still haven't officially proposed even though by contract we're engaged. I still want Max to feel she has a day in things and I want her to have just as strong feelings for me as I do for her. We still have a lot to talk about. I know we've both been avoiding having this conversation regarding the contract and how my mafia works but I don't was time overwhelmed her. I'm going to ask her if we can talk tonight about things to help ease both of our nerves and concerns.

Max's POV:

I turned 18 two weeks ago. I'm officially an adult. Since I kissed Pietro that night, everyday and night since he asks if he can kiss me. He does. It's nothing steamy or overly passionate but it's sweet and gently. He always asks me if it's okay too. He's always being considerate. I am feeling more and more comfortable and safe here. Part of me is still hesitant about the future and how everything will play out. I don't believe that Pietro would hit me since he hasn't yet and I've made plenty mistakes around the house and speaking out of term, he still hasn't punished me. I don't want to push those boundaries though and see how far I can get away with things though because I don't want to experience a hit from Pietro. This is something I still need to discuss with him as he hasn't really given me any rules yet. I just need clarification. I don't want to feel like I'm walking on eggshells around him like I was with my brother. This whole thing has been on my mind since I turned 18 and am now officially engaged to this man. I just need to know where I stand in the relationship. I hate being scared of the unknown and so far he has been understanding and caring. I just need answers. I've been a nervous wreck the past two weeks; too afraid to bring it up but I plan on asking him about it today.

I make my way downstairs to the breakfast nook and see with a cup of hot coffee in front of him, looking out the window.

Max: "good morning Ro.... How did you sleep?"

I've started calling him Ro which he says I'm only allowed to do.

He turned around and smiles at me like he does everyday and gets up and pours me a cup of hot tea with some honey. He sets it down in front of me; across from him. I take a seat and He clearly notices my internal battle because I'm too afraid to even look at him right now. My nerves have completely taken over.

Pietro's POV:
I notice immediately something is wrong with Max. She's acting nervous and too quiet for my liking. I've noticed she's been off lately but she hasn't said anything. I don't want her to not feel comfortable speaking to me about things so I'm confronting this situation now.

Pietro: "I slept good Max, how about yourself darling?"

Max: "I.....ummm.... I slept okay... I need to talk... with ummm.... Can we talk Ro?"

There it is. I knew something was wrong.

Pietro: "you can always talk to me about anything Max. What's going thru that head of yours right now, you're concerning me? Are you okay?"Shes starting to look slightly pale and she's wringing her hands together. I slowly get up and sit next to her. I place my hand over here and squeeze it reassuringly.

Max: "I don't want to upset you Ro. But I'm scared of what's going to happen. With us. The mafia. You haven't given me any rules yet and you had mentioned when I was with my brothers that you would and I just don't know how I'm supposed to act. I don't want to embarrass you or any of our men when that time comes along. I have only met your mom and sister; Not your father and I'm honestly terrified of all of that. I just need to know what's going to happen. It's absolutely eating away at me. I don't know how to act or what I'm allowed to say and it's been eating away at me. I don't want you to be upset with me. I'm absolutely terrified for my punishments and you're definitely stronger then my brothers and they were all able to pack a hit. I just need to know. I can't function or eat correctly lately because it is all  just eating away at me. And I'm so sorry for speaking out of term right now and the last thing I want to do is upset you or make you angry. I'm sorry Ro."

She looks absolutely devastated right now and hopeless. I hate this. After her word vomit of telling me everything I turn my body so I'm facing her, place my hands on her cheeks and place a gently kiss on her lips then her forehead. I wipe away a few stray tears that fall from her eyes and look at her.

Pietro: "Max. You have nothing to be sorry for love. The first thing I'm going to make very clear to you. I will never and I mean never put my hands on you out of angry. I would never hit you. That includes spanking or anything of that sort. That's not how I do things. Yes my father was a violent man. That is why I helped my mother and sister get away from him. I do not support that form of discipline. I don't want you to be afraid of me. I will NEVER hurt you like that. Second. Rules Max. I don't have any major rules. I want open communication with you. You can't allow things to eat away at you. I wish you spoke to me about this sooner and I would've instantly put your mind at ease. Always talk to me whether your angry, upset or just need someone to talk to your day about. I'm here for you always Max. I want to know where you are. If you go out with my sister or mother or a friend, just let me know. You don't need to ask me. You don't need my permission. I just want to know where you'll be and that you will be safe. You are allowed to do whatever you please and want to max as long as it does not put your life in danger. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if anything happened to you"

I paused for a moment to take in her state. She has some tears that have come out. I gently reach over and wipe them away. I cup the back of her neck and kiss her forehead before deciding to continue.

"As for my family dynamic Max, my father is a horrible man. I will never and I mean never be like him. You'll eventually have to meet him at some point but I will constantly be by your side. I don't ever want you alone in a room with him. I want one of my men or myself with you when he is around. If you need a rule then that is it. He was a terrible father and husband growing up. He was quite abusive especially to my mother and sister. As soon as I  came of age and took over, I assisted my mother and sister in escaping his wrath. I would do it over and over again in a heartbeat. I couldn't protect them as well as I could when I was younger but I'll be damned if he ever lays another hand on them or you Max."

Max's POV:
It took me a minute to process everything Ro Just told me. He's not going to hit me. I could see it in his eyes that he isn't lying. Plus the heartbroken expression at thinking I thought he would. I do believe him.
I decided to woman up and show him my gratitude and how thankful I am for him.
I slowly start to get up and I climb onto his lap straddling him. He looks she'll shocked for. A moment before gripping into my waist. My hands flow through his hair before grabbing the back of his neck while I pull myself tight to him and kiss him. I kiss him with all the passion and love and care I have in me. This man is more then I could have ever dreamed of and honestly he is more then I could ever deserve.
He starts to kiss me back, moving his hands up my back to behind me neck. He's holding onto me with all he has. I pull away and shyly look down. I turn my gaze and fix my eyes on his.

"I love you. Thank you....for everything"

I can't believe I just a said that out loud. I was  thinking it and apparently my mouth decided to open up and speak the words. I don't regret it but I don't want him to think it's too early.

Pietro's POV:
I was gobsmacked. She loves me. LOVES ME!

Pietro: "Max. I've loved you since we were kids and I've fallen more and more in love with you since we came back into each others lives."

She smiles at me and lays a gentle kiss on my lips.

Pietro: "now if you want to kiss me more like that more, then I'm completely okay with it"
She blushed and looked away. I tilted her chin up to me and told her to never look down to me.
This woman is my whole world and she doesn't even know it yet.