One

"Quinn get up it's time for school" I hear my brother say as he walks into my room. He immediately walks over to me as he see's my red eyes. No one knew me like robby did. And no one ever would, I wouldn't let it happen.

"Quinn what's wrong" he asks sitting on the end of my bed. As I am all bundled up in a bunch of different blankets with sweatpants and a hoodie I stole from robby on. He clearly knew I was crying but him and I were never too affectionate. Not with each other and not with anyone really. Ever since this asshole who lived with my mom started hitting robby he never took affection again. And since he was basically all I had I just grew up without it.

"Nothing I'm just not going today" I say in a stern tone

"It's your first day you have to" he says getting more serious after hearing what I said and the tone of it

"No robby I'll go tomorrow"

"No your going today. I had to practically beg them to let you in and promise you kept your GPA over a 3.5 for them to accept you" he says

"Wow that makes me feel so much better thanks rob" I say patting his head sarcastically as I got out of bed.

"Here" He says handing me this basic black ripped up backpack with his name on it. From when he was younger.

"I put like three notebooks in there and a pencil and a pen. It will have to work" he says.

"You can even wear that. You just have to go to school okay?" He asks cranking his harshness down

"Fine" I say rolling my eyes sliding a pair of my shoes on and leaving the small apartment we stayed at.

I was on my way to school following the directions robby had sent me in a text.

I was close enough to see the school. And all the kids walking up to it and that alone made me not want to go. Who wants to sit in a school building for 7 hours straight with kids you don't even like.

I just put my AirPods in robby got me for my birthday last year and covered them with my hair. Planning to drown out the world with music the whole time I was here.

I walked in and no one even noticed me. Thank god. I got a little bit of attention from the people I passed but It was quickly over after I was out of sight.

"Wheres the main office?" I ask walking up to two kids who seemed to be the social outcasts.

"Down this hall way to your left" one says and I finally get a good look at the two. Both were pretty tall and slim. One with brown hair and the other with dirty blonde hair. The blonde one had this scar above his lip and it was the first thing I noticed. He seemed to see me looking at his lip and quickly looked away with sad eyes. I felt a little bad for the boy, but not bad enough to care to apologize.

"I'm demetri and this is eli" the other one says

"Don't care" is all I say before making my way down the hall to the left as the boy told me

"Hi you must be quinn easton" the man standing says who I could only assume was the principal

There was another boy standing by him but he was my age. He had darker skin along with black hair and eyes. He kind of looked like the boy version of me if I'm being honest.

My mom had light brown hair and pale skin. She looked just like robby. She always said I just looked more like my dad.

"Hey I'm miguel" the boy says with a smile. I just nod at him not feeling like talking much.

"Since you both are new here and mrs easton over here, enrolled a little late. We figured we would just copy miguels schedule and give you the same one"the man says.

"Okay you kids have a good day" he says giving us our papers and walking away. He seemed like an ass and I already did not like him.

"So wanna walk to class together?" The boy I learned whose name was miguel asked

"I guess" I say in a meaner tone than I ment. I guess it was just my normal tone. Dry and cold

"Great" he smiles

"So where do you live?" He asks

"Reseda" I answer

"No way me too!" He says

"Great" I say sarcastically but he clearly did not get it.

"Okay this looks like our first class" he says

"History great I get to learn about people who died and wish I was them" I say and walk past him into the room

We quickly take our seats noticing the whole class was already there. The two seats in the front were the only option.

"So you must be miguel diaz and quincy easton" the teacher says

"I'm sorry which one is which" she says making me scoff and roll my eyes. My whole life I've been told I had a boys name and my mother told me it's because they wanted one. Not me. A girl.

"I'm Miguel" Miguel says chirping up seeing as I was not ganna answer

"So you must be quincy then. Well this is history class and welcome to west valley" she says

"Quinn" I mumble and she just nods her head moving on.

"Quincy" miguel says chuckling a little bit as the teachers attention was occupied

"Yeah tell anyone else your dead" I say smirking a little at his expression

Class was quickly over and we moved onto the next... math, and then science. And then it was finally time for lunch

Miguel was in line getting lunch and since there were no open tables where I could sit alone I waited with him

"So where should we sit?" He asks

"I don't really care"

"Okay come on, over here" he says

"Hey do you mind if we sit here?" I hear him say but I don't take the time to look at who he was talking to

I hear this kid spit out a bunch of shit and I didn't even need to know what he said to recognize the tone. I was the queen of sarcasm after all

Miguel began to walk off but I pulled him back

"He's joking fool, sit" I say taking a seat across from this kid who when I saw his face recognized it was the kid with the lip. He was kinda cute once I took a look at him better but I could tell me looking at him made him more insecure.