Nineteen

The next day hawk and I spent all morning with each other. Just drinking coffee and laughing with each other on the couch. It actually felt like we were a real like couple, not just some highschool cliche love story. And this was our apartment and karate was like is going to work together. It just all felt so perfect. Miguel, johnny, and even robby were of course on the back of my mind at all times but the only person who could tare me away from myself and my over thinking was hawk. God I loved this boy so much. I loved both of him. The shy eli side and the confident over protective hawk side.

Unfortunately this amazing morning had to come to an end. I was laying on the couch hawk on-top of me laying his head on my stomach with his arms wrapped around me. His hair was down which I always loved to see so I kept running my hands through it.

"Baby we have to get ready" I say ruffling his hair a little. I heard a soft snore escape his lips and realized he was sleeping.

"Babe we have to go in ten" I say shaking him awake causing a tired groan to come out of him as he sits up. Sleeping eyes and a groggy voice that I would never get tired of.

"Okay okay lets go" he says getting up to walk to my room but then stops in his tracks

"Does johnny have hair gel by any chance" he asks looking up signaling his hair was down

"Yeah in the bathroom" I say laughing going to my room to get dressed and grab my gi

Hawk had his gi as well sense last night after he left the dojo and came back to pick me up he didn't go back home. He always just went to this diner across the street and waited. Which was adorable.

"Okay you ready" I ask walking out seeing his hair was up in his mohawk.

"Yup lets go" he says walking out to his motorcycle and I follow

-

Everything was pretty chill at the dojo. Just practicing stuff we already learned. I had been completely oblivious to the dark purple and red hickeys on my neck.

Looks like someone had a good night tory whispers to be during our break and I just look at her weirdly until I realized and my eyes go wide with embarrassment.

"Oh my god I forgot about them. Why did you tell me" I say playfully punching hawks arm

"Cause I want people to know your mine" he says with a smirk making me blush

"Oh my god" I say rolling my eyes

"Alright class dismissed!" Kreese yells and we all get changed ready to leave.

"Wanna go see miguel before I take you home" hawk asks me and I nod

-

Carmen had let me and hawk go see miguel separately. I was first

"Hey buddy" I say sitting down in the chair beside his bed. I was a little awkward at first cause he couldn't respond but carmen said the doctors told her he could hear everything we said so I just talked.

"It's quinn. I- um just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about what happened the morning at school before all this went down. I was about to text you before tory started talking over the speaker."

"I- I know you are a good person. With the purest intentions and I don't want you to think I feel anything less than that if you...." I say but stop myself not wanting to go there

"If I don't get another chance to talk with you again I say a tear rolling down my face." This was the first time I've cried since the fight. But it wasnt even crying, it was just one simple lonely tear rolling down my face but I quickly wiped it away.

"But I need you to know how much I need you. How much eli needs you. Your our best friend and I don't know how I would be able to move on with my life knowing you wouldn't get the chance to experience it with me and do all the things you want to do. And I know your probably so tired of fighting and upset with sam and with robby and with me and tory." I say sniffling

"A-and maybe you don't even want to come back to us" I say beginning to cry again but this time harder. Multiple tears running down my face and I quickly grab his hand

"But you have to know theres still a lot of good left here where we are. We have all tried to become better for the sake of you and to keep your honor around while you can't be. So please please please miguel. Don't ever stop fighting. Do it for me, do it for hawk, for your mom... your yaya. for johnny" i say my voice breaking

"But most importantly do it for yourself. You deserve every single thing that you have earned and so much more is out there waiting for you and I would hate not being able to see you live the life you have always dreamed of... I love you so much please get better" I say whispering the last part. I see hawk walk up to the door telling me it was his turn and I nodded wiping my tears away and putting a soft kiss on miguels head before walking out letting the two most important people in my life talk.

I waited around with carmen and miguels yaya for hawk. He soon comes out with puffy red eyes and a red nose. He was trying to act like he wasnt crying back there so I wasnt gonna push him to talk about it.

It was a silent ride back to my apartment. I got of hawks bike taking off my helmet and grabbing my bag.

"I'll see you later" he says as I kiss his cheek walking in to my house for a relaxed night to myself. Which was much needed.