Chapter Seven

Marshall woke up earlier than the others. He was used to this because he would sometimes help Chase wake up the other pups in the morning. He looked over to his side and noticed that Everest was still soundly asleep. He was still shocked by the fact that she wanted him to sleep next to her. Everest was leaning against him. He wanted to stay like that forever, but he knew they couldn't. Today was the day that they were going to start the search for Chase.

Since Chase was not there to wake up the other pups, Marshall decided to wake them up himself. He was going to wake up Everest last considering that, according to him, she was the last of the other pups to fall asleep. He got up carefully but then Everest, still asleep, reached out her paws and pulled Marshall's paw closer to her. This caused Marshall to blush a bright red. He loosened his paw and exited the puphouse.

The morning was beautiful that day. The sun was barely rising, so there was an orange glow in the sky. The sky was partly cloudy. The birds and crickets were chirping. Marshall started walking to his right. The first puphouse was his own. He entered and put on his uniform. He exited and kept on walking, the first one he woke up was Rocky, followed by Zuma and then Rubble. When he went to knock on Skye's door, he noticed that it was slightly opened. He pushed the door open and noticed that Skye was not there.

"Where could Skye be?" he asked himself. He looked around but didn't see her anywhere. He looked inside and noticed Chase's hat on her bed. He wondered what it was going there, but he didn't think much of it at the moment. He kept on walking around the tower on his way to Everest. He ended up standing where Chase's cruiser was usually parked. A thought suddenly came to him. What if Everest was not alone last night outside? he thought. He walked over to Chase's favorite thinking spot and found Skye there. She was asleep, facing the bay.

"Hey, Skye," Marshall whispered. He tapped her on the shoulder. "Time to get up."

She started to wake up slowly. She opened her eyes and looked around. "Did I fall asleep out here?" she asked.

"Seems like it," Marshall replied. "It's time for breakfast."

"Okay, give me a second," Skye said as she stretched. She started walking over to the Lookout. "Are you not gonna eat?"

"I still have to wake up Everest."

"Ok." Skye entered the tower as Marshall made his way to Everest's puphouse.

Everest was just waking up. She tried to get closer to Marshall only to notice that he was no longer there. She looked around but didn't see him anywhere. She figured that he left somewhere in the middle of the night. This thought made her sad. She would've loved to wake up with Marshall by her side. She heard someone coming so she pretended to be asleep. She heard the door open but she couldn't see who it was.

"Hey, Everest," Marshall said. He walked over and nuzzled her to wake her up, unknowing that she was awake. "Time to get up." After seeing that she didn't respond, he nuzzled her once more. "Everest." She acted as if she was barely waking up. She turned her head, with her eyes still closed, to Marshall and opened and almost had a panic attack. Their noses were millimeters away from each other and she locked eyes with Marshall. Their diamond-colored eyes were not able to pull apart. She couldn't believe how close they were. They stayed in that position for a couple of seconds, but it felt longer, enjoying the moment. "I...uh," Marshall stuttered. "It's time to eat." He said, breaking eye contact. He walked out of her puphouse. Once he was outside, he looked back at her. "Ready to go?"

"Uh...yeah," Everest said, standing up. She exited the puphouse and closed the door. "Let's go."

They went inside and started eating along with the others. Once the last of them was done, their pup tags lit up. "Paw Patrol, to the Lookout," Ryder said through the pup tags.

"Ryder needs us," they said as they raced to the elevator. Marshall was the first to enter the elevator and surprisingly, he did not crash. The elevator started going up. Halfway up, it stopped to allow the pups to get into their uniforms. Once all the pups were in their uniforms, the elevator continued up to the top of the Lookout. Once the elevator reached the top level, all the pups jumped out and sat down in their spots with Everest next to Marshall. They still expected Chase to announce that they were there but they remembered that he was gone.

"Uh, thank you for coming so quickly pups," Ryder said subtly. "I think you all know why we're here?" The pups all nodded. "Okay, so here's the plan." The monitor turned on, displaying a map of Adventure Bay and their surrounding biomes. "I have already contacted our friends and they have agreed to help. Jake, Everest, and some volunteers are going to check in Jake's mountain. Zuma, Captain Turbot, and some volunteers will check the bay and the lighthouse island. Carlos, Tracker, and their group are going to look in the jungle and the desert. Mayor Goodway, Rocky, and her group will look for Chase in the town and Foggy Bottom. The rest of us will be checking in the mountain where he went missing. Any questions?" No one said a word. "Alright, Paw Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder went down his fire pole down to the garage where he keeps his ATV.

One by one, the pups went down the slide into their vehicles. Once they were in their vehicles, they all went across the bridge with Ryder, and separated they reached the other side. "Don't worry, Chase," Ryder said. "We're coming for you." They stepped on the gas, pushing the vehicles faster than ever before.