chapter four - cady heron & damian hubbard

a/n: the ~ line will indicate when the pov's change!

cady had no idea what was going on. she was playing cup pong with regina, gretchen, karen, and a bunch of college boys. the thought that janis wasn't with her didn't cross her mind. only fifteen minutes ago, cady had left to get drinks for the two of them, but now she got distracted. she was too busy playing cup pong with the plastics, getting caught up in the popular life all over again. she had no idea what was going on only two rooms over.

"that guy is a fucking psycho." said a boy who walked into the room suddenly to his other friends.

"hey, seth!" karen smiled to her cousin, and he waved to her.

"what happened to your face?" regina asked, pointing to the tampon that had been shoved up the guy's nose, to try to stop the bleeding that was going on.

"this psychopath kid just attacked me! out of no where! he comes up behind me, i'm making out with this girl, right? and he pulls me off and tells me to stay away from her and then punches me in the face! for no good reason!" he basically yelled. cady held one of the ping pong balls in her hand, switching it between the two every few seconds.

"he must've had a good reason. who was it?" regina asked, gesturing cady to hand her the ball, so she did.

"not sure, but i heard someone say he's new, but i graduated last year so i wouldn't know him." he replied, looking around to see if he could find the guy who hit him.

"no, who were you making out with?" regina asked, throwing the ball into a cup, and it making it in. cady picked up the cup and started to take a sip of it.

"oh, just that dyke. you know, the one you were friends with?" he said, taking the ball and throwing it into another cup. those words made cady choke on the beer that was in her mouth and halfway down her throat. 'that dyke.' he was talking about janis.

"you- what?" cady said, coughing in between her words, trying to recover from the beer.

"you're totally fucked." regina said. timing must've been good for cady, because right as she was going to say something to him, reggie showed up.

"cady, janis needs you." reggie said to her, pushing by the other guys. cady was about to leap at him, but reggie knew better and grabbed her and held her back from attacking mason.

"let go of me, reggie." cady said, trying to get out of his grip, still trying to go at mason who was finding this very entertaining.

"cady, stop. janis needs you. now. he's not worth it."

•••

"janis?" cady said softly when she had gotten upstairs. she slowly shut the door behind her, it making almost no noise. janis didn't move from her spot, she simply just stayed on the bed in the semi fetal position she had been in for the past fifteen minutes, but cady didn't know that. "jan?" she whispered sitting down on the edge of the bed, next to her. she didn't reply to cady. all she did was shift her position a little bit, letting out a little puff with the sheets ruffeling underneath her as she layed there. cady didn't do anything except for taking janis' hair, and moving it out of her face. she held janis' hair back, and was able to get her head to lift up so it would be completely out of her face on both sides. cady had no idea what to do. so instead of trying to consult janis on her feelings, she played with her hair and stroked through it. this was something janis loved.