chapter five - cady heron / janis sarkisian

a/n: the ~~ line will indicate when pov's change, and this chapter is gonna be a long one, so get ready :)

•••

cady heron

"i'll be right back, i'm gonna go check on janis. she's been in there for a little too long. i mean, i know she takes absolutely forever in the shower but she's taking too long." cady said, standing up and getting off the bed where her and damian sat, looking at vines that should not be as funny as they are.

"she takes like forty hours, i'm sure she's okay, but due to tonight's events i say check on her." damian said, agreeing with cady also getting up off the bed. they walked out of janis' room and down to the bathroom across the hall.

"janis?" cady said, knocking on the door. "she probably can't even hear me, she has the fan-" cady said before stopping from hearing faint coughs from the inside of the bathroom. "she's getting sick again." cady said quickly, turning to look at damian who had already moved and grabbed the dysfunctional paper clip off the top of another door frame and quickly shoved it into the tiny keyhole. cady threw the door open immediately to reveal janis coughing over the toilet. she rushed over and pulled her hair back as janis continued to get sick. she rubbed her back and looked over for damian who had seem to have left the bathroom.

"you okay?" cady asked her, tying janis' hair back into a low pony tail. timing was good because damian walked in with a bottle of water when janis turned to face cady but her face immediately cringed when she seemed to swallow.

"here." damian said, handing the already unscrewed bottle to janis. she gladly took it from him, taking a few sips.

"thanks." janis said, sounding hoarsely.

"are you doing alright?" cady asked her, but janis just closed her eyes and leaned her head against the wall, water bottle in one hand while she held her pointer finger up at cady, basically signaling her to stop. cady was about to sit down next to janis along with damian, but someone stood in the doorway.

"what the hell is going on here? i thought you guys were at that party?" ella, janis' younger step sister said from behind them. damian and cady turned around quickly followed by janis' head shooting up as they all stared at the door way. ella stood in the door frame with three off her friends, make up bags in hands and costumes on.

"can you just like, leave?" janis shot at her. cady turned to look at janis who looked really pissed with the fifteen year olds.

"it's my house too, you know. just because you've lived here longer doesn't mean it's yours. we share this bathroom, and you've been in here for like an hour, so leave." ella shot back at janis, who was now standing up and walking over to ella, pushing the two aside. cady quickly realized nothing about this situation was going to end well. she went to go stop janis from shooting words into ella's face, but damian stopped her.

"free entertainment." he whispered into cadys ear.

"you're horrible." she replied.

"ella, i have a 100.3 fever right now," janis told the her, grabbing the thermometer that sat on the sink and handing it to her. "so unless you would like me to projectile vomit on you and your friends any minute now, i suggest you leave." janis told her step sister, leaning against the door frame for balance, taking the thermometer back.