Chapter Eleven - Cady Heron / Janis Sarkisian

The words ran through Cady's head over and over again as she remembered Janis getting up and leaving her living room, snatching that jacket off the chair. There was no possible way Janis had broken up with her, right? They were doing so well together. Janis had barely even let Cady speak, or take in what she was saying to them.

"So, she just broke up with you?" Regina asked as her and Cady sat in Gretchen's kitchen while Karen and Gretchen decorated a bunch of cupcakes they had made together.

"Yeah, pretty much. She didn't even let me speak, or explain myself. She just got all... Janis-y and then left." Cady sighed, looking over at Karen and Gretchen who were giggling about something completely irrelevant together.

"She's a bitch. I'm telling you, she has problems. I told you this from the beginning, Cady." Regina said while she rolled her eyes and getting a spoonful of icing from one of the containers Karen and Gretchen weren't using.

"She's not a bitch. And she doesn't have problems." Cady said, staring at Regina who didn't seem to care.

"Weren't you just trashing her? Why are you defending her all of a sudden?" Regina asked, placing the container down on the counter.

"Because she doesn't have problems. You're the one who gave her those so called problems to start with. You're just mad she doesn't want to forgive you, but I don't blame her. What you did was horrible." Cady said, defending Janis, completely forgetting they aren't with her anymore.

"Cady, you have no right to defend her if you weren't even there. Didn't you practically add on to the trauma last year?" Regina shot back, Karen and Gretchen now looking over to see what was going on.

"Last I remember, I'm not the one who outed her to the entire school and scratched slurs into her locker!" Cady practically yelled, sitting up straight now to show that they were strong, and not weak.

"Oh, stop. You're too scared to tell her how you really feel because you know it will break her." Regina snapped, not taking her eyes off Cady.

Except Cady did. She did break the eye contact. In fact, she didn't just break the eye contact, but she also got up and grabbed her stuff.

"God, Regina. You think you know everything. You think everyone is in love with you, when actually everybody just hates you. You don't know how I feel. You don't know how anyone feels. Like, Gretchen over here? She was struggling so bad last year and you decided to dismiss it. The only person who's feelings your care about is your own, but you barely even care about those anymore since Janis turned you down." Cady fired back, staring at Regina's shocked face.

"Why would you say that?" Regina said in a softer tone, obviously hurt by Cady's words. Cady didn't say anything. Mostly because they couldn't find the words that they wanted to. Instead of feeling all badass like she should've, she felt like a bitch. The words fell out of her mouth without thinking.

"I- I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I have to go." Cady said quickly, making her way for the door. Something inside of them really hoped that one of the three would run after them, telling her that it was okay and that they knew that nothing that she said was taken to heart.

But that was the thing. Regina obviously did take it to heart, and once again — might have destroyed another friendship.