The Beginning of an Evolution

He was standing in his classroom, only it was filled with unrecognizable faces. These weren't his kids that he was teaching, he had expelled all but two this year. All of their faces were blurry but he could still make out some of their features. One had pink fluffy hair, while someone else had red spiky hair. He could see angry but warm red eyes that confused and bothered Aizawa. There was what seemed to be a floating uniform and another kid had heterochromatic eye that seemed to be freezing.

    Out of all of them, one stood out the most to Shouta. He wasn't blurred like all the others, but instead crystal clear. The problem child (where did that nickname come from?) had green curly hair and the biggest most determined eyes the hero had ever seen. His smile was bright and wide, as if he was still getting used to it.

    Aizawa felt a special connection with the child -with all of them, really, but that didn't make any sense. He had never met these students before, plus he had sworn to himself that he would never get close to his students. It was too perilous.

    He didn't get to ponder it for much longer because the room started to blur and turn and soon he was somewhere else. When everything stopped turning, Shouta realized that he was in a middle of a war zone. The sky was red and the smoke could be mistaken for rain clouds. It smelled like blood, death, and the foul smell of decaying flesh.

    A hand suddenly grabbed his right arm and he was face to face with a man. He had a hand covering his face but Aizawa could distinctly see the almost black red eyes. The eyes were replete with detestation, but Shouta strangely didn't think it was directed towards him.

    As he was slowly starting to decay (the pain was unbearable. He couldn't handle it. It was crawling up his arm and oh shit he was going to die wasn't he?) he made eye contact with the problem child. The teacher's heart all but broke at the sight of the child. The greenette was dressed in an all black baggy jumpsuit that almost looked like it came from sort of army. His face was as blank and empty as his eyes. The kid was standing there as Aizawa slowly died, but something in Shouta knew that the kid was trying his hardest to move, to save.

    Right as the decaying was about to reach his heart, Aizawa woke up with a startled gasp. He gripped the side of his shirt where his heart was until his knuckles turned white.

    He was still trying to regain his breath when Hizashi woke up, "What's wrong, Sho? Bad dream?". Shouta released his hand from his shirt and opted to hold his husband's hand in a vice-like grip.

    The memories of the night terror were already fading. The only things he could remember was the kid's (problem child, he had called him) bright smile and how connected he felt towards all the students.

    It just all felt so real. Like it wasn't a dream at all, but a jumble of memories. That couldn't be possible, though. He had never seen a smile like the teen's and he definitely had not been disintegrated before.

    Aizawa tries his best to forget about the dream and snuggle closer to his husband for comfort. He was still slightly shaky and his hand throbbed (did nightmares really cause phantom pains? Shouta supposed it was a possibility).

    "Something like that."

________

    He was chasing something. Some sort of villain. He had to hurry, his time was running out.

    Time? Since when did he have a limit?

    He dashed through a tunnel to see some sort of sludge villain suffocating a plain looking boy. Like his body was being controlled, All Might used his power to blow the villain into two empty plastic water bottles.