Pushed to the Brink

He and Izuku were walking to the beach, Katsuki trying not to let the lack of sleep show. They hadn't discussed last night, and Izuku seemed too nervous to talk about it.

"What's got you so nervous? It's just training," Katsuki barks, making Deku jump. He clearly had not been paying attention to his surroundings. Bakugou scoffs at his idiocy.

"Well, you see, I have a mentor, and he doesn't know that I'm bringing you. I, uh, should probably call him," Izuku stammers out. Katsuki's eyes narrow in suspicion- where did he get this 'mentor'? He hopes that this dude wasn't some total stranger with no experience. He sighs, knowing Izuku, he probably found this guy on the side of the street.

He pretends not to pay attention as Izuku pulls out his phone and calls the guy.

"Um, good morning!" Deku yells, a bit too loud, "So, I'm on my way. Mhm! I can't wait! But I, uh, might be bringing someone?" There's a long silence, and Izuku winces, shrinking in on himself, "You have to trust me on this All- Toshinori-San. He's going to find out sooner or later, and I trust him with my life..." Katsuki sees as Izuku's resolve hardens, "You and I both felt it. If the other users trusted me, then can you?" Izuku's voice was stronger, and Katsuki almost felt grateful for the fight Izuku was putting up. He was confused as hell though. Past users? Why would it be such a big problem if he joined in their training, anyway? He rolls his eyes.

"How do I know he will find out?" Izuku screeches, "Well, uh, gut instinct?"

Katsuki mutters quietly, "Idiot." Laughing at the glare Izuku sends him.

Izuku sighs, "Look, you've met him before. Remember the blond boy yesterday? Yes, that one." Suddenly, Izuku brightens up. Katsuki forgot how bright he could shine, "Thank you so much All -er- Toshinori-San! I'll see you soon. Goodbye." He hangs up and looks at him, eyes sparkling, "You better be grateful, that was a pain." Katsuki flips him off.

They reached the beach just as the sun was beginning to show its full beauty, reflecting off of the clouds in warm yellows and pinks. What wasn't beautiful, however, was the beach itself. It was piled high with trash- a makeshift dump.

"Why the hell are we meeting here? Who's this dude anyway?" Katsuki demands. They better not be about to be kidnapped. That is so not on Katsuki's bucket list.

Izuku only grins mischievously, "You'll see."

They walk towards the end of the dump, where the sand becomes visible and a boardwalk extends out to the ocean. He sees a tall, skeleton-looking man that's vaguely familiar waving at them. Izuku waves excitedly back. Then, unexpectedly, he grabs Katsuki's wrist and starts to run toward the man, dragging him along.

Once they reach the stranger, Katsuki yanks his hand away from Deku's, ignoring the hurt look on Deku's face.

The weird man smiles at them, though it looks strained, "Young Midoriya, and you must be Young Bakugou. I'm Toshinori Yagi. I believe we've met before, although it was years ago when you last saw me in this form"

Katsuki was hit with a blast of recognition. He had met this old man before, when he toured U.A with Deku when they were younger. However, something he said didn't make any sense.

"What do you mean, 'this form'?" He looked at Izuku in question, who avoided his gaze.

Suddenly, smoke engulfed Toshinori. Katsuki takes a step back, and feels his jaw drop when he sees who's now in front of him.

All Might.

"Surprise!" Izuku yells awkwardly. Katsuki wants to punch him, but he's too entranced to see the number one hero. This is the second time in less than twenty-four hours he's seen his idol up close. He's amazed, and totally flabbergasted.