Dysania

Trigger Warning: Self-harm

 "What?" Aizawa asks. It was the only thing that he could think of to say. He's not surprised; not really. He knew deep down that the things he had been experiencing weren't dreams, but something else. He hated that dread was pulling in his stomach. Yes, he wanted to know what was actually happening, but there was a part of him that felt safe in this ignorant bliss.

   He couldn't be scared of what he didn't know.

   Shota sees Izuku sitting next to him. He looks so small. His heart aches at the thought of everything this boy has been through. Enough to last lifetimes. He knows it won't get any better once he finds out what's been buried for so long.

   Izuku takes a shuddering breath, "They're memories. Not dreams, but memories. They've already happened, but you had forgotten. I don't even know how this works. You weren't supposed to remember anything. Kacchan too."

   Aizawa squeezes his eyes shut, a pounding in the front of his head beginning to form. "You mean Bakugou has been experiencing this as well?"

   Izuku nods, "Yes, but now he knows everything. Or, at least close to everything. He says some things are still fuzzy to him."

   Shota shakes his head, "I don't understand." It was too much. How could he have memories of something that were obviously from the future? It was impossible. Illogical.

He was at a funeral for a boy who wore a red cap. Kota was his name.

It was two weeks after his death. Two weeks after Midoriya had been kidnapped. Two weeks of being entirely useless.

He watches as his students mourn. They don't cry, but the pouring rain is doing that for them. He sees Bakugou in the front, and he looks so angry. It reminds him of the beginning, when these kids were just kids.

He holds on to Eri's hand. She's endured too much for someone her age, and now this. Time doesn't seem to know when to give them a break.

Suddenly, a portal appears. Shota picks up Eri and gives her to Iida who nods and runs to get more help. His eyes widen once he sees who steps out of the portal first.

Midoriya Izuku, his problem child.

Although he does not look like himself. His face is gaunt, the bags under his eyes making it look like he hasn't slept in weeks. He thinks that that is probably true.

His eyes are void of any light. There's no flicker of recognition when he lays his eyes on them, and that's when he knows that this is not Midoriya Izuku.

"Everyone!" He shouts just as the League comes through the portal, "Get ready."

Everything that comes after is bloodshed.

   Aizawa chokes on his breath at the memory. He knows it was a memory. It had the reality in it that dreams lack.

   Izuku continues, eyeing him for a second. He knows what's going on, Aizawa realizes.

   "I held back on telling you. Even after you told me about these... visions you've been having. I was afraid you would hate me, or think I was a monster. Not that I would blame you for either of those things. When it all comes down to it, I'm responsible for all of those deaths. For your death," he chokes on the last word.

   Aizawa hates the world. How ugly it is, how disastrous. It tormented this boy over and over again. Leaving him to believe that he was evil and broken.