Chapter-2

We reached our school, Eastwood High. It was one of the best private schools where rich parents sent their children and apparently along with their egos

I never wanted to attend this school, but since my childhood friends, Debbie and Asher got their admission here, I didn't mind coming here because my people would be there for me.

Asher parked the car in the open parking lot, it is the first thing that you see after entering our school. The floor was made of asphalt and concrete. It was a sunny day, all three of us got out of the car, in the scorching heat and headed straight inside the school.

"They'll take thousands of dollars from us in the name of education, but the bastards won't provide us with a closed parking lot!" Asher scoffed.

"Calm down princess, don't be so dramatic over a parking lot." I rolled my eyes which made Debbie laugh.

"You really know how to put Asher in his place." Debbie remarked and gave Asher an evil smile which in turn made me grin.

"Bruh, seriously, it will damage my new car and the paint crack and will fade away quickly." he cursed.

"Okay, let's go to the lockers now, we don't want to be more late" Debbie asserted. Asher and I nodded in response.

As we made our way to the hallway from the parking lot, we saw the green lacrosse field, on the left side of the parking lot. On the right side was a big auditorium, where assemblies were held; we obviously didn't go there because assembly was about to get over in like five minutes.

Just in front of the auditorium was a lush green garden, full of plants, flowers and trees. Us students mostly hung out either on the lacrosse field or that beautiful garden, during the free periods or whenever we wanted to skip classes.

We made our way through a wide, white walled, sumptuous and of course, busy hallway. Which had tall, rectangular, steel lockers on both the sides.

As we made our way to our lockers; on the wooden like LVT floor, we heard a lot of banging noises made by shutting and opening of lockers by others.

"I have AP Macroeconomics. George is always in a bad mood, he'll kill me if I'm late. See you both after classes." Asher sprinted to his class after explaining.

"Which one do you have?" asked Debbie while taking out her binder from the locker.

"English, you?"

"Psychology." she replied as she closed her locker.

"So, I've heard that you are helping Noah with history." I gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Well..." she smiled "...you heard right but it's nothing more than that."

"Oh, then why are you smiling, you know what they say..." I trailed off.

"What?" she asked as her hazel eyes widened with disbelief.

"Debbie and Noah sitting under a tree..." I laughed before I could complete it.

"Oh, hush it,"" she tried to hold her laughter inside, but she failed miserably.

"Okay, let's go to our classes now," she reminded, as she checked the time.

"Okay, see you later!" I waved to her and walked to my class.

I entered the class to find Miss Anderson, my English teacher, arranging some papers on her oak wood table.

"Ms. Anderson!" I greeted her with a smile.

"Katelyn!" she looked up and acknowledged me with a warm smile. Miss Anderson was one of the coolest and nicest teachers at the school; someone who you should have at least once in your life.