Chapter-6

It was four thirty when my phone flashed a notification: (1 new message)

I quickly opened the phone as I was expecting a text from Debbie. It was her.

Debbie: Well, as a friend it's my duty to stop you from doing crazy shit. But if you still want to do shit, I won't let you do it alone. See you in half an hour, at your house.

I plastered a smile across my face after reading the message. I could really use the company of someone I know in a house full of strangers. Although, I didn't admit to being nervous earlier but now, I am a little relieved.

I rummaged through my closet, to find a good outfit for the party. As I was looking through a ton of clothes, I finally found a dress! It was a black color, mock-neck, form fitted lace dress.

It looked pretty good. I paired the dress with my black cut out heels. I was pretty satisfied with the overall outfit, now I just had to try it on.

I quickly changed from my casual clothes into that outfit. Just when I was done changing into that dress, I heard a knock on the door of my room. I opened the door to find Debbie standing right in front of me.

Her round hazel eyes widened as she saw me. Her bow-shaped lips looked glossy because of the light pink lip gloss she had applied. Her blonde hair were curled into retro waves and she wore an off shoulder, ruched, bodycon dress. The burgundy color of the dress really suited her light skin.

"Woah! You look great, I've never seen you in that dress before."

"Thanks, I'm still not done with my hair though." I shrugged.

"No problem, I'll help you with your hair and make-up." she smiled.

"You look amazing too!" I complimented her and she beamed in return.

I sat in front of my brown plywood dressing table, on a chair and let Debbie do her thing. She curled my brunette mid length hair into beach waves. The hair looked amazing!

"Okay time for make-up now!" she smiled.

"Oh no!" I protested. I don't like wearing make-up at all. It feels like I'm hiding my true self under the concealer and foundation. Other people might like it, but I just don't.

"Hey, come on, just a little bit. We are going to a party!" she tried to persuade me.

"Okay fine but just a little lip gloss and eyeliner." I negotiated with her.

"Okay fine."

She applied eyeliner on my almond shaped eyes and made a tiny wing at the end. Then she gave me a light pink lip gloss to apply on my full lips.

I was ready now, I looked in the mirror. Wow, I look pretty... good. The black color of the mock-neck, form fitted lace dress was actually looking good on me.

It made my body look more curvy and the lace at the back, around my neck and at the full sleeves brought a different beauty to the dress. The dress color went well with my warm ivory skin tone. It had to, black color goes with everything.

It was six thirty. We headed downstairs and reached the front gate of my house. Debbie's driver was already there, waiting for us. Debbie knew the location. We reached Steve's house forty minutes later.

We entered a huge mansion, with an extremely big, light gray color hall. The floor was made of blonde hardwood. On my right side was a mini table with red plastic cups and a keg. There were a lot of people in that area.

There were different types of couches scattered across the hall. Some red plastic cups were already lying on the floor.

"Ew. What's on the floor?" Debbie made a disgusted look as she stepped on some liquid, which was spilt on the floor.

"Let's hope it's some type of beer." I forced a smile.

In the background there were a lot of people, talking and laughing. A song was also blasting in the background. Everyone was dancing, getting high and having a good time. (The song that was playing in background is attached below :) )

We made our way through the dancing crowd. Now we were somewhere in the middle of the hall and in front of us was a beer pong table and a group of people who were playing it.

On the left side of the beer pong table there was a group of people, sitting on the couch, talking.

Debbie was by my side but decided to go and have a drink.

I was looking around for Liam.

But then, I saw a light brown haired guy with a side parted hairstyle. He had an oval shaped face with sharp features. His dark green eyes were gazing at me as he made his way from the couch, to where I was standing.

"Hey, you look nice!" he beamed.

"Uh- hi! And thanks.." I could feel my palms getting cold because of nervousness. I smiled nervously at him. Debbie wasn't around and I have never talked to strangers, yeah I've talked to Liam but Debbie was around to give me emotional and moral support.

"Why don't you join us?" his face turned to the three couches which were occupied by a group of people and back at me.

"Oh, sure." was not what I wanted to say. I'm going to meet a new group of people and I was nervous as hell.

But on the other hand who cares? I'm feeling reckless today! With a good dress and high heels like mine, I can conquer the world. It's time for me to socialize and grow as a person. I really have to get out of my comfort zone.

With this thought I followed him to the couch area.

"Hey!" a girl with straight chestnut hair smiled and waved at me.

"Hi!" I beamed.

"Who did you bring Ryder? Is she your plus one or your date?" she looked at the boy who brought me to the couch.

"I wish I were that lucky" he smirked.

This made me blush.

"By the way, I'm Nicole!" She got up and side hugged me.

"Katelyn" I smiled.

"Well! have a seat Katelyn!" she scooted a little bit on the right side of the couch to make space for me.

Nicole looked like a really friendly person, who radiated positivity everywhere.

"GUYS!" she shouted but everyone was busy talking; so she was ignored.

She got up on the table which was placed near the three couches.

"HEY YOU DRUNK TALKATIVE IDIOTS! MEET OUR NEW MEMBER KATELYN!" she gestured her hands towards me and I smiled at everyone who was looking at me.