Chapter-11

"So, what did she do?" Nicole asked me.

"You can tell us we have been there." Claire assured me.

"But it's okay, if you don't want to." Nicole tried to comfort me just in case, I didn't want to talk about it.

I don't really want to talk about it but since they are here, maybe I should tell them. The worst has already happened.

I took a deep breath and started "Uh- " I didn't know how to start this whole topic again. It'll be exhausting for me not physically but mentally and emotionally.

"It's okay." Claire said while Nicole rubbed my shoulder.

Here it goes, "Okay so, last night.....when you guys told me that Ryder and Liam were both into me, it was too much."

I continued, "I mean, Debbie already warned me about Aubrey and told me about how dreadful of a person she was to mess with... .Well, that didn't bother me much but when she showed up at the party and that too with Asher, I lost it."

I paused for a moment to get myself together as my eyes started to well up. I didn't want to cry in front of them again.

Once I thought that I got myself together I began "Asher and Debbie have been my friends since forever. But Aubrey first took Asher away from me. Then, she took Debbie away too. It's just like how Debbie said, she can destroy you socially in seconds." I tried not to make my voice quaver when I spoke.

"You don't have to worry Claire and I are here for you." Nicole hugged me and Claire joined in too.

After I released myself from the hug, I asked "But, what did she do to you guys?"

"Well, I got admission into this high school, Eastwood high, last year. I was friends with Aubrey..." Claire started.

What? She was friends with her!

"Well, she was good to me and on top of that she was popular as well. So I thought it was great, you know; when you're new and hangout with the cool kids you become popular automatically." she continued.

"But she was, you know, not that nice to everyone else but it didn't bother me because I wasn't the victim of her games or plans. In fact I didn't even know how she targeted people and "ruined" their "social lives." She made a lot of air quotes while she spoke.

"But then, I heard Aubrey, speaking in the hallway with Nicole's friend about..." she looked at Nicole for a moment, as if she was asking permission for something. Nicole nodded in reply.

"So, uh- where was I?" she asked but then answered the question herself, "Yeah, Aubrey was talking to Nicole's friend! At that time, there were certain possibilities of her parents to split up and her dad's company was in a huge loss." she paused to take a break.

"So, Nicole's "friend" was the only one who knew all this and she told Aubrey about the mess. But fortunately, before she could spread the news and take advantage of the situation; things got back to normal, neither the split happened nor the company was in loss anymore." she finished.

"So, that made you leave Aubrey?"

"Yeah, I didn't care earlier because she was nice to me but seeing stuff actually happen was a whole different thing. What if she did that to me? Also, I know what it's like to lose a friend so..." she shrugged.

"And I couldn't just sit there and let that stuff happen, my parents raised me better than that." She looked at me and smiled tenderly.

"I know Nicole and Aubrey's parents were rivals but that didn't mean they should hate each other... I mean did Aubrey do that to her just because of the competition between their parents?" I asked.

"Kind of, I mean it could be one of the reasons. But no one really knows." she shrugged.

"Oh."

"So, were you able to sleep well last night? You were a wreck the last time I checked in." Nicole asked.

That made me giggle "I know, I was a wreck. But I slept well."

"Must be because of the beer."

Claire giggled "Yeah."

"So, you plan on staying like this the whole day?" Nicole asked.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"It's a weekend and you look like you're done with your life. Like a typical mom of three children." she and Claire laughed.

I chuckled, "Well, it's comfortable."

"Oh, yeah? So, this is how you spend your weekends? Tying your hair up in a messy bun, wearing pajamas all day, scrolling through your phone, eating and napping?" she giggled.

"Pretty much, yeah" I gave them a sly smile.

"Well, we can do much better things like getting our hair and nails done, it'll be fun!" Claire exclaimed.

"Well yeah, it'll be much better than wrapping yourself in the sheets like a burrito." Nicole agreed to the plan.

"Well-" I didn't want to, I just wanted to stay in and relax.

I guess Nicole judged my facial features and knew what I was about to say. So, she interrupted me before I could say anything.

"Don't say no, it'll be fun! It'll help you get your mind off of things plus we three can bond over these activities."

She was right, I had to get going with my life and they seem like pretty good people. So why not? I don't have anything better to do, so why not just have some fun.

"Okay, let me change into a good outfit really quick." I got up and they both gave me a proud and encouraging smile. I smiled back at them and went to my closet to pick something decent to wear.

I chose an outfit and went to the bathroom to change really quick. I wore high waisted jeans and a black half sleeved crop top. I tied my hair into a high pony and paired the outfit with white sneakers.

"Okay I'm ready! Let's go." I smiled.

"Okay, let's go. I have my car parked outside." Nicole said as she and Claire stood up from the bed.