Chapter-20

Today was Monday. But it wasn't like a typical school day, it was graduation. Last day of high school. I got up early in the morning and got ready for the big day.

I wore a white, cotton sundress. It was knee length. On top of the dress, I wore my navy blue graduation gown and cap.

Today was a big day, I have made so many memories in this school. Ah, I can't believe that it's over. I'll miss every experience I've had there.

Although I hated it sometimes, I mean majority of the time but, I'm still "attached" to it you know. I'm happy and a little sad at the same time. I mean I can't believe that it has come to an end.

I met different types of people who changed my life in some way and I might've touched their lives in some way too. I got betrayed by some people and welcomed by the others. I might have found love and a couple of real friends that will be there for me no matter what.

I'll miss attending Miss Anderson's class, I'll miss her lectures and her advice. Emma my biology partner, who is finally in a relationship with Jace, is one of the kindest person I've ever met.

God, this nostalgic feeling, all these beautiful memories and all of the experiences that I had in high school will remain with me in my heart forever.

I should probably stop thinking or I'll get emotional.

I went downstairs in the living area, Grandma and Grandpa were already ready.

Grandma was wearing a long plain, full sleeve and navy blue coloured maxi dress. She wore very light make-up with almost no accessories. She has more of a classic and elegant style.

Grandpa on the other hand wore a white button down shirt, on top of it he wore a tight fit navy blue sweater and grey chinos.

Both of their outfits matched with my graduation gown.

"Oh, our little girl has her graduation today. But she's still a baby!" Grandma hugged me.

"I'm a grown up now!" I smiled.

"You think." Grandma made a sarcastic remark, "When was the last time you did your laundry and cleaned your room without me asking you to do it, like a hundred times." She laughed and so did grandpa.

"Yeah yeah."

"Okay let's take a picture before leaving." Grandpa suggested.

"Okay!" I smiled.

He took out his phone and clicked my picture.

"Okay now your turn to pose grandma and grandpa!" I took the phone from Grandpa.

"But we're old also, you're the one who's graduating." Grandma complained, well she has never been the photogenic one but I won't take no for an answer.

"Come on, you know we'll get late. Now pose." I commanded.

Grandma and grandpa posed together, I took a couple of their shots and then a group selfie.

"Okay, let's go now!" Grandpa said.

"Wait, is dad coming?" I asked.

"You told me that he would." I added.

"Um-" Grandma started. "Something came up, so he won't be able to make it." She looked at me with concern, she obviously didn't want to upset me.

"Oh, okay.. Let's go then."

The driver was already inside the car, waiting for us. Grandpa sat in the front, me and grandma sat on the backseat. Now, we were on our way to my school.