Chapter-30

Well, yesterday evening kind of went well and I'm really glad that Ryder shared about all his past with me. I like that he has opened up about it with me and oh, we are officially a couple now and I love it!

Finding out about his grandma knowing my grandparents was kind of a surprise and it feels like everything we have is somehow connected. Prom was on Sunday, it was Thursday already.

Yesterday, I reached home late so I texted Nicole and Claire that I won't be able to make it for the shopping.

I told them that the prom is coming near so they should go ahead and do it without me because I didn't want them to delay it because of me. But they insisted that we all did it together today instead of yesterday.

I know it's really sweet of them to do that but God how will we find a dress in so little time?

"Hey!" Nicole and Claire said in chorus with a big smile on their faces.

"Ready for shopping?" Nicole beamed.

"Always, am!" I grinned.

"You little liar!" Claire smirked and continued "If you're always ready then why weren't you able to make it yesterday?". I hid my face with both hands trying to hide a big and silly smile that came across my face. They both burst into laughter.

"Okay, now we don't want to get late. We are already running on a deadline! Let's make it quick." I made a point and they both nodded.

Soon we were going from one shop to another looking for dresses.

"How does this one look?" Nicole asked. She wore a long v neck prom dress which was dusty pink.

"This color doesn't suit you." Claire told her right away.

"It doesn't look like something you would wear." I gave her my remark.

"Yeah, it didn't give me a good feeling either but I thought it was worth a try." She shrugged and went back into the changing room while me and Claire scanned the store for dresses.

"Look at this one!" Claire screamed. "I love it!" She squealed.

"What did you see?" I went towards her, she was holding a black dress, the most attractive thing about it was the gothic corset and the long laced cape it had. It was totally Claire's style too!

"You should wear it! It totally screams YOU!" I sounded more excited than her.

"I know! I'll go try it and come with me. I need your and Nicole's remarks on it!" She beamed.

"Okay!" I smiled and she literally dragged me with her dress in front of the changing rooms.

"Okay, hold my phone and I'll come back quickly." She handed me her phone and went to the changing room when Nicole came out from hers a few seconds later.

"I can't find anything!" She grunted.

"Hey, don't lose hope! We have time and there are like a thousand more dresses! You'll find one!" I tried to encourage her even though I was freaking out from inside because I couldn't find anything either.

"Well, it is a big store." She shrugged and continued, "Let me go and hunt then." She was about to leave.

"No! Wait! Claire is changing into a dress and I think we'll like it too!" I beamed.

"Well at least one of us found a dress we like." She shrugged as she stood still waiting for her.

"Guys!" We heard Claire from the changing room.

"What is it?" Nicole asked.

"Come out already, show us the dress!" I exclaimed.

"Guys, I don't think it fits me." When she came out, the dress looked like it was very tight and uncomfortable to wear.

"Well, remove it then!" Nicole facepalmed and I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Tough luck I guess." I shrugged.

"I'll change and be back." Claire went inside to change into her clothes.

"And I'll look for something." Nicole told me as she made her way to look for a dress.

Guess I should go to look for a dress for myself too. I went from one aisle to another scanning through every dress I could find.

I finally picked three dresses that I liked and hoped that they would fit me. I also took two dresses that I liked, one for Nicol and one for Claire. They looked like they were their type!

I called Claire and Nicole and told them to meet me near the trial room. I told them about the dresses I had found for me and them.

"Look, Claire! This one's for you!" I beamed and handed her the dress, "Just go and try it on!" I smiled and pushed her a little towards the changing room.

"Okay, you seem excited about this one!" She grinned and went to change.

Until the time she was changing, I started. "Nicole, why don't you try on this one? I handed her the dress that I chose for her.

"Okay!" She took it and went to another changing room that was just across Claire's. I stood for them waiting because someone had to take care of all the phones and purses.

Claire came out with a big grin, "You know I would've never picked out this dress, it's not my style or something I would've chosen but damn, it looks good on me!" She couldn't stop checking herself out. "Although the top part is a bit tight and itchy but I guess I can manage to wear it for a night because I look great!" She grinned.

It was a sleek dress, which had a sleeveless bodice with a square neckline and thin shoulder straps. The straps were laced in a corset style against the open back of the glittery prom dress.

The form-fitted dress made the curves of her body more visible before it flared out from the waist and touched the ground. The short train completed the glamorous design of that backless prom dress. She might find the top a little bit uncomfortable but overall the dress looked great on her.

"Who knew that metallic purple would suit me this much!" She did a little happy dance.

Then, Nicole came out beaming and twirled.

"Woah! You look awesome!" Claire complimented her as soon as she came out.

"I know!" Nicole beamed and jumped up and down because of happiness.

"You look great!" I smiled and Nicole pulled me into a hug.

She wore a long, golden prom dress with sparkling details. Gleaming gold embroidery topped the deep v-neck bodice of the long dress and the thin shoulder straps criss-crossed over the open back. The gold embroidery flowed in tendrils, onto the ball-gown-style long tulle skirt to complete the overall look.

"You are some sort of fashionista, Katelyn!" Nicole beamed.

"Yeah, totally!" Claire squealed and they both pulled me into a hug.

"Time for you to dress up now! Remember that we have signed your name up for the prom queen!" Nicole reminded me.

"Yeah! We're gonna make sure that you look great!" Claire smiled.

"Okay, heading off to try on the prom dress!" I went to the changing room.

I came out to find both of their jaws dropped.

"Oh my God!" Claire beamed and clapped.

"I guess we have our prom queen here!" Nicole curtsied and laughed.

"Aw! You guys are making me blush!" I chuckled.

"Ryder is going to melt after he sees you in that dress!" Nicole teased me and Claire laughed.