Chapter-34

We took a lot of pictures, alone, with our dates and with the group of course. Once we were done with the photos we headed towards the gymnasium where the prom was taking place.

We entered to find the ceiling, canopy-draped with beautiful red fabric and golden fairy lights. The tables and the chairs were placed just beside the three walls, making a U-shape. The table cloth was sparkly golden and the chairs were deep red. The rest of the area was empty and used as the dance floor. The D.J was right across the entrance door.

The whole area was crowded and more than half of the people were on the dance floor, dancing, singing and laughing.

"They sure followed the theme, look around, it's all red and a little bit of golden too." Nicole grinned.

"The fairy lights and the red drapes look so aesthetic." I beamed.

"Okay, guys let's hit the dance floor already." Claire added, "We don't want to spend the rest of the night just blabbering about all the red things and fairy lights do we? Let's have some fun!" She grabbed Ryan's arm and took him to the dance floor and mouthed at us from a distance, 'Come on'.

"Okay let's go." I looked at Josh, Nicole and Ryder.

"Yup!" Nicole smiled and made her way to the dancefloor with Josh.

"What are we waiting for?" I looked at Ryder with a smile.

"Let's go!" He smiled as he took my hand and led me to the dance floor.

I was dancing with Ryder and the whole group in a circle, when I felt someone tap on my shoulder.

"Omg, Hi! You must be Katelyn!" A girl with jet black hair beamed.

I've never met her and how does she know me? "Hi! Yes, I am Katelyn and you are?" I asked politely with a smile.

"Olivia." The girl replied with a big grin and continued, "I've heard a lot about you and I voted you for the prom queen! Oh yes and I voted for your boyfriend to be the prom king as well!"

Yeah, I'm contesting for prom queen! I just keep forgetting that."Oh, thanks a lot! That's so sweet of you!" I smiled.

"No problem! You're so nice and way better than Aubrey!" She smiled and left.

"Wow, everyone hates Aubrey!" Josh laughed.

"I don't know what this dumbass thought when he agreed to go on a date with her." Ryan looked at Ryder and chuckled.

"You know, the worst part is that he continued to be with her even after the date!" Claire laughed.

Everyone was just roasting Ryder so bad.

"Okay, that's enough! Roast that bitch as much as you want but don't bring Ryder between all this." I looked at all of them.

"Woah!" Ryan raised his palms in the air, "I surrender!" He laughed.

"Good!" I smiled.

"Katelyn at the rescue, your highness." Josh teased Ryder which made me chuckle.

"Yup. She's always there for me!" Ryder laughed as he cupped my face with his hand and kissed my forehead.

"Yep!" I looked into his eyes with a smile.

"We're in public." Claire rolled her eyes and Ryan laughed before saying, "You both just can't get enough of each other." He remarked and continued laughing

"Hey!" Someone interrupted us, "You must be Katelyn!" A guy with blonde hair and blue eyes beamed. He was tall but not taller than Ryder and his body was slender. I guess he was in our school's debate team but I've never talked to him before.