X

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

It was a Tuesday today. I've just had a full day of classes and was looking forward to coming home and sleeping – maybe even to a home-cooked meal from my brother. I packed up my stuff, carrying my heavy corporate law book in my hand since it was too big. I was the last to leave, but that was usually the case.

It was already late, which meant Uni was rather empty. Most students didn't have lectures till this late, but I did. With a few other law students, we made our way to the parking lot. I was almost at the door when I heard someone yelling my name.

"Lotus!" I turned around, seeing Chris jogging towards me. He put a hand through his hair and smiled at me. Damn, even after running he looked good.

"American-Chris!" I greeted him. He laughed at my choice of words. I pushed the door open and we walked outside together. "How's it going?"

"Good. With you?" he asked me. He was carrying a binder of papers in his hands and wearing a backpack. I wondered what he was studying here, but my gut was pointing towards business. He wore a maroon coloured sweater with a pair of light-wash jeans and some trainers.

"Yeah, the usual," I answered. Suddenly I thought about Freddie's party and how he said that I could bring a plus one if I wanted to. "What are you doing Thursday?"

"Not much, why?" he asked now. We stopped at my car and I opened the door on the passenger side, throwing my stuff on the seat.

"I have this party. I thought maybe you'd want to come?" I proposed. I leaned against the car and looked up at Chris. He was taller than me – like most people in the world because I am a midget. His light blue eyes caught the light softly, making him scrunch them a little.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love that," he said almost immediately. I nodded approvingly and smiled at him. "What should I expect from a British party?"

"A lot of alcohol and swearing," I joked. He laughed and wobbled a bit on his feet. I grabbed the car keys out of the back pocket of my jeans.

"I'm wearing something blue, want to match me?" I suggested. I leaned closer to him a little. Somehow, I loved being in control and I would always flirt whenever I got the chance. Much to the dismay of my friends and family.

"Hell yes. Shall I pick you up at nine-thirty?" he said, smiling. I quickly grabbed a piece of paper out of the car and wrote my address on it.

"Can't wait," I spoke in a soft voice, giving him the piece of paper. I gave him a wink before walking around the car and hopping in. He was still standing by my car, giving me a small wave when I drove away.

While I was driving I smiled to myself, knowing that asking Chris to come to Freddie's would've been a good thing to do. I wanted him to get to know more people and to get to know him better. I didn't know anything about him except that he was from America and looked hella good.

After arriving at the apartment, I saw a familiar black town car standing on the side of the road. I grabbed my stuff and stepped out, heading up the stairs. I roamed through my bag for my keys to open the door, stepping in after I had successfully gotten them. Brian was sitting at the kitchen table, together with my parents. I got rid of my stuff and walked towards them.

"Hi, sweets," my mum said. She stood up and engulfed me into a hug. I loved seeing them, but what were they doing here? I didn't remember that Brian and I invited them over for dinner.

"Hi," I greeted them both with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. After getting my stuff in my room, I joined them at the dining table. They all looked at me and I sighed. "What's going on?" I asked.