XXI

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

"It's unusual to see you without Roger," Freddie said when I sat across from him at their dining table. I was supposed to go shopping with Mary today, but it was pouring outside, so instead I came here. Freddie was also here, and I didn't mind that at all. I like spending time with them.

Now that they lived together, they seemed happier than ever. They were like these soulmates that would just be connected forever. Even if it wouldn't work out in the end, they would still be together somehow. If not as lovers, then as family.

"Yeah, you two can't keep your hands off each other," Mary commented. She put a fresh pot of tea on the table and I gave her a look. She smiled before pouring us all a cup and sitting down next to Freddie.

"So, that's why Rog disappears after every show for half an hour," he joked. I rolled my eyes before looking at him and smirking.

"Well, I just get turned on when he's playing," I admitted. Mary spit her tea back into her cup before chuckling.

"God, you are just like him," Freddie noticed.

I shrugged and took a sip of my tea. I didn't disagree with them. Roger and I had been having so much sex that I was sore. It was his fault really, because every time he came off stage, he was horny from playing and I was horny from seeing him play. Maybe we were equally to blame. Just a little.

"Brian complains about it," Mary broke my thoughts. My head snapped up at the mention of my brother's name.

"Darling, you weren't supposed to tell that," Freddie said quietly. I chuckled.

"I can't lie to my best friend," she defended herself.

"I am not surprised. You know what he told Roger the first time?" they both looked at me with curious eyes. "Hurt her and you'll be thrown out of the band."

Freddie's eyes widened. "First of all – that's a band decision. Second – I don't think he has to worry about that. Roger is whipped."

"Yeah, but what if-," Mary started, but didn't finish her sentence. I know what she was going to say. What if he cheats?

"He knows exactly what'll happen. I'll cut it right off," I said with a sharp tone. They both laughed, Freddie throwing his head back.

He stood up and walked to the cupboard. "This tea isn't gonna cut it. We need booze."

February 1972

Roger sat up against the headboard. The thin sheet of fabric that was covering both out bodies only came halfway up his torso. I was laying on my stomach, holding a pillow and looking up at him and how he lit a cigarette. I could still feel the small droplets of sweat that I had gotten from the activities we just performed.

The months that we had been together flew by faster than I could ever imagine. We had made it through Christmas, New Years and meeting both our parents. The band was getting serious and Roger was debating on quitting school – he wasn't the study type anyway; we all knew that.

"You know, I always wondered what you were like in school. Before Uni," he told me. I raised my brow at him. I was wondering why he'd want to know that, because it was something I'd rather forget.

"You probably won't like her," I said simply.

He shook his head in disbelief. "Why would you say that?"

"Because I don't," I shrugged. Honesty is key, I reminded myself once more. "Do you know the crowd they always told you to stay away from?"

He nodded.

"I ran with that crowd. I had gotten close with one of the most popular boys in school, his name was Marcus. He would take me to all these parties and introduce me to all these people. I believed we were dating but turns out he only wanted to get into my pants. Which he did," I told him the story. I had never told anybody the whole story. Only my brother knew and Mary and Delilah some bits here and there.

"How old were you?" Roger asked. My eyes fell and I looked at the pillowcase with shame.

"Fourteen," I whispered.

"That's young," he said quietly. I nodded without saying anything. I didn't like talking about my past. That girl was someone that I never wanted to be again, even if it took forgetting her. "Is that why you pushed me away?" he asked after a few seconds. I looked up at him.

"I used to be this girl that wanted the world to love her, which is why I did all of those stupid things. But after a while I figured out that I was proving something to people who didn't even care," I softly said. Thinking about it brought the feelings back that I much rather forget. The fact that it still affected me this way, proved that it had a bigger impact than I initially thought.

Roger pushed out his cigarette in the ashtray on my nightstand and took his pillow. He adjusted his position so that he was lying next to me, and we were looking at each other. He stuck a piece of hair behind my ear. Something about the moment was so vulnerable to me and before I knew it a tear escaped my eye.

"I care," he whispered. He gave me the small smile that I grew to adore about him. Then he said the three words that I had never heard from any man – except my brother and father – before. "I love you, Lo."

My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't comprehend what exactly was happening and the only thing that I could express was crying. So that's what I did. I let my head fall into my hands and sniffed quietly. Soon enough I felt his arms around me and how he pressed me against his chest.

"I did not think that was going to make you cry," he joked quietly. Through my tears and laughed. I removed my hands and pulled back so that I could look at him. "I never said that to a girl before."

"I never heard it from a man before, so it's a first for both of us," I said. My voice sounded a little nasally from crying. I wiped away the remainder of my tears and pressed my lips against his. "I love you."

He pulled me against his body again, but this time not to kiss me. He buried his head in the crook of my neck. It was truly to hold me and to feel our bodies against each other. Neither of us were new on the sex department, but we didn't know shit about emotions. We discovered everything together, which made it even more special.

When we pulled back, he removed the hair out of my face and gave me a kiss on my forehead. I caressed his cheek, feeling his soft skin against mine.

"Now, I am going to show you every corner of this room," he seductively said.

I grinned. "Please do."

-

i know this is short! but it's a filler and after this there is one more chapter before me move on to part 2 :)

hope you liked it xo