XXXIII

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

Roger and I were on our way on our first date since being back together. We were going to see a movie; something we usually never did because he could never shut up and just let me watch it. Something had changed in him though, which made me excited about this night. He was driving us in his new car – which he had gotten from the money he made on tour. He was so proud of it.

We had been living together for two weeks and exactly five days. Every day was a new experience for the both of us, but it went surprisingly well. Nothing had really changed. We now shared a space. Like he promised, we had taken my bed. First, we thought that we could've used his for the guestroom, but when we moved it, the spring broke (Roger really wanted to fix it, but it was a lost cause).

The second bedroom had been transformed into an office space and held all of my books from medical school. Roger's drum set used to be there, but he moved it to the rehearsal space they now had. We had put some of our storage things in the extra closet space here, but furthermore didn't know what to do with it. Roger had told me I could change the furniture if I wanted too – and I did, because his layout didn't make any sense. Now we lived in an apartment that was clean, organized and held all of the stuff that was important.

The best thing about living together was that I woke up next to him every morning. I always woke before he did, which gave me the opportunity to look at him. We showered together, had breakfast together, he dropped me off at work and then picked me up. We ate dinner together and then went to bed together. I never thought I'd say this; but it was fucking amazing.

"We're here, just in time," Roger broke me from my thoughts. He parked the car, turning off the engine before stepping out. I grabbed my purse and followed him. He stood with his hand out, waiting for me to grab it.

The movie theatre was busy. After all, it was a Thursday night. We had to wait in line for fifteen minutes, but there was no stress about the tickets. Roger had called before to reserve two because he knew they'd be sold out. We chose to go to The Godfather Part II. I had not seen the first one. He said that wasn't a big deal and that I only needed to remember three things; Italians, money and drugs.

"I had reserved two tickets for Roger Taylor. Do you have a seat in the back available?" he asked the woman behind the counter. Why would he want seats in the back? I honestly didn't care were we would sit, but I once heard him say sitting in the back of a movie theatre was the worst idea anyone could have.

After we had acquired the tickets, we walked inside to get popcorn. I wasn't craving it too much, but I knew I would eventually eat it because, it's popcorn.

The theatre was busy. Almost all of the seats were taken, except for the ones in the back. The row Roger and I sat in was almost empty. There weren't any people in front of us, just a few on the left side. I took off my jacket, which Roger laid on the chair beside him. I sat back, letting myself sink in the red chair.

Roger seemed to be relaxed, which was all I cared about. They had been rehearsing like crazy and he barely got any sleep the last few days. There had been talk about a new album, but they didn't know what kind of music they wanted to make next.

"Hey, I'm glad we decided to do this," I leaned into him, speaking in a softer tone. He turned towards me and smiled.

"Me too. It's been ages since we went out," he said. The last time we went out together like this was before we broke up, so yes it had been ages.

The lights of the theatre dimmed, and everyone went quiet. The black screen changed into colour. Once the movie had started, I realized that I should've watched the first one. I couldn't really understand most of the storyline, except that it was about a mafia family and had flashbacks of someone's dad.