XXX

← · · · ✭ 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐮𝐬 ✭ · · · →

A few days after the party, I had tried to call Roger. We still hadn't talked about what happened. After we were done tearing each other's clothes off, we put them back on and made our way back downstairs. I hadn't seen him for the rest of the night. Also because I went home pretty quickly after.

My brother of course knew immediately what was going on. The sixth sense he had was going off as soon as I came down the stairs, maybe also because Roger was following after me. Brian came home well later than I had, and he hadn't asked me anything about that night at all.

The band had a warm welcome as they returned home. Something had definitely changed. From small gigs in different kinds of pubs, they now played at bigger venues and had a whole team that sorted through things. They had so many shows lined up for them in the next week, while also working on another album and writing even more songs.

When I left this morning, my brother told me they would rehearse all day for their show tomorrow. I promised to be there, even though I would see Roger. I didn't care about that. I could keep ignoring and avoiding him, but that would just never work out. Our lives were too intertwined.

As of right now, I tried to focus on work as much as possible. After checking on all my patients, I grabbed their charts to adjust any information. Today was a quiet day. It was exactly what I needed. Last week had been tough and I was glad that work could be a distraction. My brother was home more and tonight he would cook, which was something else to look forward to.

"Dr. May? Phone for you," one of the receptionists called from her desk. I looked up at her and smiled. She was young, probably around twenty or so and I think she had this job while studying. She was sweet.

"Thank you, Amber," I told her. She handed me the horn and I pressed it to my ear. "This is Lotus May."

"Hello, my name is Dr. Andrews. I am calling from C.P. hospital," a low voice with a thick Irish accent spoke. I wondered was this was about. I hadn't had any patients from C.P. recently transferred.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"You're listed as the emergency contact for Roger Taylor. He is in the emergency room here," he filled me in. Jesus Christ, I could never catch a break with this man. The chances that he did something stupid was high, but I was still worried.

"Uh, okay, what happened?" I asked again.

"He fell off the stage. The injuries are minor, but we still want to make sure he had someone to take him home safely," Dr. Andrews continued. I checked my watch to see that I still had a few hours of work left.

"I can be there in half an hour," I said.

He told me that was fine and that I had nothing to worry about. I put the phone down and told Angela to tell the others I had to leave for an emergency. I went to find my own supervisor, telling her in person. She was fine with and wished me good luck – I think I was her favourite intern since she treated me like I already worked here.

After I had gathered all my stuff, I walked to the car and drove off. Traffic was easy and I was able to make it to C.P. in time. This was a much busier hospital than were I was working, since this one was also bigger. They brought most trauma patients here after accident. It was right in the city centre.

I parked my car in the lot and walked out, leaving my heavy bag in the car. The entrance to the emergency room was quite packed. I made my way up to the front desk, seeing there was a huge line in front of the registration desk. I sighed in relieve that it was not where I needed to be.