[part one]

.
H

i this is my first time writing, so please don't judge (if anyone is actually reading this)

Sydney Sun was interesting.

She didn't like the sun, which was weird to alot of people she met since her last name was 'Sun'.
She was very different compared to her other siblings in the Demeter cabin.

Although people were weirded out by her, she was sweet.

Only her siblings knew this though. She put up a wall anytime she's around people, and she tends to push them away.
But besides loathing her life, she has other hobbies. She liked reading, and plants, long walk in forests, and she had a small obsession with urban legends. She also liked clothes, she preferred darker clothes but it didn't matter to her as long as the outfit looked nice.

She wished people weren't weirded out by her.
At least, her siblings were around,
well most of the time.

Ever since Percy Jackson had come to camp, it seemed like everything went downhill. to narrow it down: Percy came to camp, got a quest, almost died and then he came back and Luke betrayed everyone by trying to kill Percy.

That was nearly two years ago.

at first Sydney didn't know what to think of Percy.

He seemed quiet. he certainly made things more interesting. Ever since he came to camp, almost every summer there was a quest. And of course, he always got to go.

Which was completely unfair.
but that's not the reason Sydney didn't like Percy, it was because of something that happened after he got back from his first quest.

She had come to the camp days earlier than Percy. At first, everyone was nice to her, she did get a few stares and some people whispering about the possibility of her being Hades daughter. Which she didn't understand. sure she dressed in dark clothing and had dark hair, but besides that, they had nothing in common.

Anyways, everyone was nice to her except Clarisse and a few of her friends. Clarisse thought it would be a good idea to give Sydney a big warm welcome to her by tripping her while she was walking to the Hermes table, her food went all over her only clean pair of clothes, (she had ruined every other pair from running away from monsters) Sydney was so angry that she didn't think it through, and hit Clarisse over the head with a tray. That accident gave her dish duty for a week. Sydney tried to apologize but eventually gave up when Clarisse shoved her into a wall and told her to shut up. Sydney didn't know If that accident gained people's respect or their fear. After awhile the warm smiles turned into whispers and stares. The only people who were nice to her were Annabeth (a girl from the Athena cabin) and Luke (he was Hermes, son)

But two days after the incident, a boy came to camp. His mother had been kidnapped and he was a wreck.
Sydney had worked up the courage to talk to him, they talked and got along really well. she comforted him, and they practiced sword fighting. They became friends, and it was nice. After a week or so he got a quest, Sydney wanted to come along but there were already three people.
She wished Percy luck and practiced sword fighting, she had gotten claimed a few days later by Demeter.
The Demeter cabin welcomed her and was glad they had another sibling.

When Percy came back, Sydney wanted to congratulate him and tell him about how she was claimed.
But when she tried he ignored her, she figured it was because of all the people around them.

So she tried again but Percy simply ignored her and glanced at her. Sydney was sad but moved on with her life.
When Percy almost got killed he got claimed, it was by one of the Big Three. This caused him lots of fame at camp.
Percy seemed to have forgotten about Sydney over the summer, he had a lot more friends, and she had, well she had barely any.
Annabeth was always around Percy so much, that she didn't hang out with Sydney anymore.
Percy never really talked to Sydney again over the summer, which caused Sydney's hurt to become hate.
I guess fame change people.