[02]

Sydney spent the day doing her chores and helping Will practice in the sword arena. She was trying to ignore the Excitement and Fear.

She was still confused as to what she was protecting those children from.
She knew it was monsters, but what could be that dangerous that Percy, Annabeth, Thalia, and Sydney needed to go.
But her mother said it was important, and she wasn't about to question a God.

So she continued with her day, the excitement building up inside her.
The day seemed to drag on forever.

"So you excited?" Will asked.
"Definitely" Sydney responded.
They were currently sitting on the dock, they're legs were crossed.
The water had frozen over, some of the campers liked skating on it.

"You so lucky! I wish I could go" will say.
"Someday you will get to go on one" Sydney said.
Will sighed. "Yeah, but when? I'm only twelve, it'll be forever before I get to go on an extraction." He said.
"You don't know that. I mean, Jackson got to go on a quest the day he got to camp"

Will kicked the water, a small grin forming on his face. "Speaking of Percy, what were you guys talking about?"

Sydney rolled her eyes. "Nothing, he was just being a dick"
Will raised an eyebrow.
Sydney sighed. "And now your curious."
Will smiled and took a sip of water.
"Fine okay, well ya know how I helped spray paint the Ares cabin?"
Will choked on his drink.
"You did what?!" He asked.

"Umm...well you see, Travis and Connor forced me too."
Will burst out laughing. "Dude that's awesome," he said.
Sydney grinned. "It was until we got caught, well, I got caught"

"But if you hadn't gotten caught, you wouldn't have gotten to go with them"

"I still would have, Percy was going to tell Chiron about me having to come,"

"Whatever"

Sydney, Thalia, Annabeth, and Percy stood at the top of the hill.

Sydney didn't know why Zeus couldn't control the weather at the top of the hill, maybe it was cause he was too lazy.

Sydney flinched when she heard thunder in the distance.

Okay, maybe don't insult the God of lightning.

She started at her chipped painted black nails out of boredom, she needed to repaint them.

Snow fell on her nose, the cold causing her cheeks to go red.
Ms.Jackson was coming to pick them up.
When Percy said he could get a ride, she expected Argus to show up not his mother.

"Hello, you must be Thalia and Sydney. It's nice to meet you both" Ms. Jackson said.

Sydney smiled at Ms.Jackson.

"Hello Ms.Jackson it's nice to meet you," Thalia said.
"Call me Sally dear" Ms. Jacks- Sally said.
Percy cleared his throat. "Right, um so now that everyone knows each other, can we please go," Percy said.

Sally unlocked the car. "Hop in," She said.

Annabeth, Sydney, and Percy all climbed in the back while Thalia took the front.
Sydney sat in the middle, right next to Percy even though she pleaded with Annabeth to let her sit in the side.

Percy ignored her, Sydney did the same.

The entire car ride Sally told them every embarrassing story about Percy.
Percy's cheeks were still burning red when they got out of the car.

Percy was reasuring Mrs. Jackson about something. She seemed really concerned, which made Sydney smile.
Sally reminded Sydney of her mom.

"Alright dears, do you have everything?"