[08]

Sydney didn't tell anyone about her dream, well encounter with Aphrodite, the next day.

She was oddly quiet, Aphrodites words rung in her head all day.

"You are still in denial..."

Denial? What did she mean Sydney was still in denial?

Sydney spent the entire day thinking about it. She was trying to figure out what she was in denial about, and who she was going to fall in love with.

She currently sat in the strawberry field, talking to the plants.

"Why couldn't she help me?" She muttered to the plants.

They were getting more red every time she talked to them. Their leafs were getting greener and less droopy.

"She just left me hanging, ya know? Like what fuck?" Sydney said.

The plants whispered back, yes they whispered back. Only Demeter kids and the dryads could hear them.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry for swearing." Sydney said sighing.

She picked a strawberry and popped it in her mouth.

"But it's just frustrating ya know? Like she tells me I'm in denial, but there's literally nothing I'm in denial about. Except...no, no that's just a feeling, it'll pass"

"Are you seriously talking to the plants?" Thalia asked.

Sydney jumped. "Gods don't sneak up on me!" She said.

Thalia held her hands in defence. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I thought you heard me walking towards you. Guess you were too busy talking to the plants"
Thalia sat down next to Sydney.

Sydney's cheeks heated up, another thing she was glad she had thanks to her dark skin-
You can't really see the blush.

"They can hear me, and they talk back" Sydney said, she picked a few strawberries and put them in her basket.

"No wait, really?" Thalia asked she stole a strawberry out of Sydneys hand causing the girl to glare at her.

"That was mine!" Sydney said.

Thalia bit into it, her eyes almost rolled to the back of her head at the amazing taste of the strawberry. she smiled at Sydney.

"Yeah and it was absolutely delicious" Thalia said.

Sydney glared but smiled. "The plants can talk."

"Why can't I hear them?"

"Because only Demeter kids and the dryads can hear them" Sydney said.

She plucked another strawberry off the patch and frowned when she saw the plant was dying.

She placed her hand on the plant, her energy transferred into the plant making it slowly turn greener, the rest of the patch also started to turn greener.

"What are you doing?" Thalia asked.

"Shush. I'm trying to focus"

Thalia rolled her eyes and watched the girl.

She started to notice the plants changing. The almost dead one, looked as if it was alive.

Sydney pulled away and smiled. "There" she said.

Thalia stared at her in awe. "Did you just make that plant come back to life?"

Sydney grinned. "Yep."

"You Demeter kids are weird"

Sydney playfully shoved Thalia.

"Hey quick question. Why are there strawberries growing in the middle of winter?" Thalia asked only just noticing the strange thing.