CHAPTER ELEVEN

song: numb to the feeling by chase atlantic

VICTORIA'S POV:

The next few days were filled with constant meetings for Harry.

Which meant constant working for me as well.

The morning after Harry had hit me over the head with the butt of his gun, I woke up in excruciating pain. My head felt like it was having a million little pinpricks shoved into it and when Harry burst into my room, which was actually his room that he was still keeping me prisoner in at night, I had asked him if I could lie down for a few extra hours instead of going with him to whatever work he was doing that day.

Needless to say, it had not gone well.

*Flashback*

I had opted to sleep on the couch instead of the bed again and for the first time I had been kidnapped I managed to get a little sleep, most likely due to the pain pills I had taken that made me incredibly drowsy. Whatever was in those pills had also made me have what felt like my first dreamless sleep in years, since I couldn't remember having a single nightmare all night.

All at once, I was awoken to Harry loudly barging into his room and slamming the door behind him. He was already dressed in his typical all-black shirt and skinny jeans ensemble that he seemed to never take off. Instinctively, I reached for the blanket I had been sleeping with and scrambled to cross my arms over my chest to conceal the fact that I was most definitely not wearing a bra under the black t-shirt and plaid pajama pants Louis had helped me pick out the day before.

He made no acknowledgment of my presence and I watched as quickly made his way to the bathroom before hearing him slam drawers shut and bang a few things around. Even though I had taken the pain pills before bed last night and had only been awake for a minute or two, my head was already pounding.

Due to the lack of clocks in this apartment and the fact that the watch I had been wearing when they took me had been missing for a few days now, I had absolutely no idea what time it was. Glancing around the room, I saw the beginnings of some sunlight starting to peek through the curtains and guessed it was probably a little after dawn.

Guess somebody is an early riser.

"Get up." Harry's voice abruptly said from the doorway of the bathroom, interrupting me from my thoughts. The sound of the two simple words had felt like someone screaming directly into my ear and I was confident that I needed to rest more with the pain coursing through my head.

"Harry," I said, turning my head to face him. "I really think I need to lie down more. I mean my head-"

"Aww does the princess's head hurt?" He spit towards me as I watched him cross the room to stand almost directly above the couch I was sitting up on. He stared down at me and even though he was making direct eye contact with me, I clasped the blanket closer in an attempt to cover myself as best as possible. "Does she need Louis to come back here and baby her some more?"

"Princess?!" I had demanded. "All I was going to say is that my head hurts and I-"

"And?!" Harry had demanded as he started to wave a hand in the air. "Does it look like I give a SINGLE fuck? So I would suggest you try and make yourself look at least a little presentable so that," He broke eye contact with me to glance his eyes up and down my body and even though I had the blanket over myself, his stare made me feel like he could see right through it. "I don't have to make your head hurt even more by putting a bullet through it."