CHAPTER THIRTEEN

song: moonlight sonata by hidden citizens

TORI'S POV

The next few hours pass uneventfully as every few minutes a new message would come on over the radio and I would transcribe it, taking notes on the repeated words and phrases. Harry had stayed silent in his office since we had last talked and I was thankful for it. We might have shared a single, almost civil moment after he brought me that sandwich, but I knew that as long as I was being held here, he would always be the enemy.

I knew my time spent at this camp had been coming up on about a week and a half and quite honestly, I wasn't sure when I was going to get out of here. Harry had implied that no one at my camp was looking for me but a part of me was still refusing to believe that. While the feeling of hopelessness was still alive in me, I had to hold on to the idea that Sam was fighting for me somewhere.

Originally I had considered the idea of using the radio I currently had to try and send out a message that I was alive and being held against my will, but then decided that the chances of one of the other boys or someone else at this camp could be listening and come after me before I could even tell them my location.

That was another thing I had come to realize, I really had no idea where Harry's camp was located in relation to my own. So even if I could contact someone securely, I had no idea what to tell them if they asked where I was. All I would be able to come up with would be something like "the British boy's camp" and who knows if that would be of any help.

I made a mental note to venture out onto the balcony back at Harry's apartment so I could try and roughly gauge where this skyscraper was located.

As I considered how I was going to get out on the balcony without raising any red flags, the door to the office lobby suddenly opened.

"Tori!" I hear Louis exclaim as I lifted my head to find him, Liam, Niall, and Zayn entering the room. Everyone but Louis has a serious look across their face and it's almost unnerving. "How's the head feeling?"

I try to muster up some kind of fake smile. "Better." I answer as the three other boys brush right past my desk and towards the door to Harry's office.

Just more proof that Louis was the only one I liked out of this group.

"Good." He nods. "That hit was tough but I predicted you would be tougher."

I almost for-real smiled at that one.

"Well you know, I would be pretty disappointed if I made it this far into a zombie apocalypse only to be killed by a simple blow to the head." I respond.

Louis chuckles as he glances down at the papers scattered around my desk. "Lots of messages it looks like." He says.

I nod. "Yeah. And none of it makes any sense to me."

Louis continues to run his eyes over the desk. "Mhmm." He hums. "Nonsense..."

"Louis!" I hear Zayn call from inside the office. "Get in here!"

Louis's head snaps up towards the door and he sighs. "Gotta go deal with the children, Tori. See you when we're done." And then he winks.

He winks at me.

I barely have time to register it before he's crossing the room and shutting the door to whatever meeting they're about to have.

Wait a minute, they're having a meeting.

Could it be about me?

I look down at the piles of paper at my desk as some light static comes over the radio and another nonsensical message starts to be read out. I quickly read for the keyboard to type it out but right as I do so, I hear a shout come from behind Harry's door.