CHAPTER NINE

song: unstable by Zak Abel

VICTORIA'S POV: 

Shit. I think to myself. Shit. Shit. Shit.

My entire plan banked on Niall not returning to the apartment while I was making my demands to Harry and now, not only had Niall returned, but it seemed that all four of the boys who had interrogated me the day I was taken were now all in the apartment.

God fucking damn it.

In only a matter of seconds, Niall announces to the group that he's starving and has made his way into the kitchen before practically screaming at the sight before him. And in another matter of seconds, every boy has followed the noise into the kitchen and is reaching into their waistbands for their weapons.

It all happens way too fast and before I know it, there are four guns directly pointed at my face.

For a minute everyone is frozen, not entirely sure what to say.

But then Niall finally breaks the silence. "Harry what the FUCK?!"

"What do you mean, 'What the fuck?'" Harry hisses back at him as I instinctively pull the knife tighter against his skin. "You're the dumbass I told to get rid of anything sharp in the apartment! And somehow you managed to remember to get rid of the fucking fire poker, but not the GODDAMN KNIVES IN THE KITCHEN!"

By the end of his speech, Harry is yelling and Niall's previous look of confusion now morphs into a look of surprise. "Oh shit." He responds as he lowers his gun a little and moves his face out from behind it. "Yeah, you're right there bro. That one's on me. My bad."

"YOUR BAD?!" Harry bellows in response. "YOU FUCKING IDIOT I-"

Fuck this.

"HEY!" I scream at both of them as I use one of my feet to kick Harry in the back of the shoulder. "Both of you shut the fuck up!"

Harry and Niall quickly fall silent again and the room returns to the original tense demeanor.

"Listen, Tori," I hear one of the guys start to say before I interrupt.

"No! You listen to me!" I snap back at him. When my eyes meet his, I'm reminded that his name is Louis and the look on his face seems softer than the other boys surrounding him.

"In the past seventy-two hours, I have been kidnapped, had multiple people put guns to my head and threaten to slit my throat, been forced to be some kind of messed up assistant for this fucker," I pause to jerk Harry's head and neck for extra effect. "Locked up, denied information about where I really am, and to top it all off, two people have almost had sex right in front of me! I don't know what kind of fucked-up operation you all seem to be running here but all I want is for one of you to call The Chief, tell him you have me, and then LET. ME. GO." By the end of my speech, I'm breathing much heavier and Harry is struggling even more beneath me. I know he thinks that between my smaller size and heightened emotional state right now that he can overpower me, but he is highly underestimating the power of the adrenaline coursing through me right now.

For a second, no one says anything to my demands until Louis speaks again.

"Listen, Tori," He repeats. "It's not that simple. Clearly," He says as he motions to a squirming Harry beneath me as his other hand keeps the gun aimed straight at me. "You're not stupid. But what you have to understand is that we don't have relations with the camp you came from. The whole reason we took you in the first place was to get some kind of information we can use against them so that-"