CHAPTER FIVE

song: pray for me by The Weeknd ft. Kendrick Lamar

VICTORIA'S POV:

Holy shit my head hurt.

Like, really hurt.

It truly felt like it weighed a thousand pounds and the second I tried to lift it off the pillow below me, I was instantly lightheaded.

"What the hell?" I muttered, moving my hands up to my eyes to clear the sleep away and that's when I realized that the bed I was currently sitting in, wasn't my bed at all.

And then it all came flooding back to me.

Leaving the chief's office, the alarms, and attack, looking for Sam, all of it.

Sam.

Shit, where was Sam?

In moments, I was scrambling off the bed and bounding towards the door.

I had absolutely no idea where I was but I knew that if Sam was still in trouble, the first thing I needed to do was get out of this room.

Feeling panicked, I hurriedly grabbed the door handle and tried to open the door but was met with no success.

What the fuck?

I tried the knob again.

No luck.

Holy shit I'm locked inside.

I started to throw my weight against the door, hoping by some miracle I had made a mistake before and now it would just happen to pop open.

But that didn't work either.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

A million thoughts were currently coursing through my head and while my entire body ached in a way I had never felt before, I knew that wherever I was, I couldn't be safe if they felt the need to lock me inside somewhere. All a huge part of me wanted to do was just sit down and scream out the hundreds of questions I had but my survival instincts were pulling me in a completely different direction.

Ok, Tori. I told myself. Think.

Whoever put me here had to eventually come back. And when they did, I needed to be prepared. Which meant I needed a weapon.

My eyes instantly began to scan the room I was in and that's when I began to realize how big of a space I was actually in.

The room was massive. The neatly made, king-sized bed I had woken up in moments before was sandwiched between two bedside tables and floor-to-ceiling bookcases covered the walls it was adjacent to. Half walls and a short, three-step staircase sectioned it off from a separate room that had even more bookcases, a huge TV, and a grey sectional with matching chairs.

This bedroom looked nothing like anything we had on the camp. Not even the Chief's quarters were as nice as this. Which means I was definitely not on base anymore.

I continued to look around the space, searching for another possible exit, until I realized that behind me was a door leading to what I assumed was a bathroom.

In moments I was inside the bathroom, trying to find a window I could maybe attempt to crawl out of but instead I was met with a bathroom that perfectly matched the rest of the room.

It too was massive but the thing my eyes were drawn to first was the completely clear-glass, matching shower and tub. Absolutely everything in the bathroom seemed to be glinting in the overhead light. It was literally sparkling clean and not a single thing littered the double vanity sinks.