CHAPTER EIGHT

song: you should see me in a crown by Billie Eilish

VICTORIA'S POV: 

For the second night in a row, I didn't sleep at all.

And instead of the lack of rest making me weaker and complacent to anything that would happen to me today, I actually felt the exact opposite.

Instead, I felt pissed.

Before I even managed to move my sleep-deprived body off of the couch, in my head I was crafting the exact arguments and swears I was going to hurl at him the second I saw his stupid face.

And when I actually did see him standing in the kitchen only a few minutes later, that's exactly what I did. He was peeling another banana at the same counter island as I witnessed the girl from the night before step out from behind him and place a single kiss to his cheek right before breezing past me as if I was invisible and slipping out the door.

All I needed to see was that stupid fucking smirk of his plastered on his face as he bit into the fruit before I was biting into him.

"What the FUCK is your problem?" I shouted at him as his eyes shot up to meet mine. He had to squint through the bright sunlight that was streaming into the room but even through all the light, I saw as the smug look on his face fell.

"What?" He responded, the tone of his voice completely even and calm, which only made me madder.

"You heard me!" I demanded. "Seriously, what the fuck is your problem?"

I paused for only a second, waiting for a response I didn't think I was going to get before I continued my yelling.

"I'm sorry but you don't just get to fucking abduct a person, drug them, tell them you're going to murder them only to reverse that decision 30 seconds later, decide to keep them as some kind of servant against their will, and then have you and your friends randomly go around fuck people right in front of them! Do you not understand how fucked up this is?!" I was fully shouting now, not caring in the slightest what reaction this rant was going to invoke in this psychotic kidnapper. Every single emotion and feeling from the past seventy-two hours was rising up in my throat and it was taking everything inside me not to start to have a more physical response.

"I don't care who the fuck you think you are or what the fuck this place you seem to be keeping me in is, I just want to leave! And while you also don't seem to give a single fuck about who I even am, you should know that important people, like The Chief you seem to care so much about, are probably out looking for me right now and I don't think they'll take it very well when they come to find me and realize that you've been keeping one of their own captive against her will!" Finally, I finished. I knew what I sounded like was bordering on a young child throwing a mini tantrum, but I was so fucking sick and tired of all of this.

At the end of my last sentence, a heavy silence briefly fills the room as I stand there with my chest-puffing, debating if maybe I should just take off and start running before anything could happen next.

Breathe Tori, I tell myself. Focus on your next move.

I could feel my fight or flight instincts start to creep in as they sunk deeper into my stomach. It was a rush I knew far too well, an uncontrollable high I had taken advantage of plenty of times when I was left to fend for myself out in the woods before finding the camp.

In,

and out.

Then, he merely scoffs.