stargazing | kaeluc

picture credits to @/frozendxwn on twitter

(pls read the a/n down below)

"...Are you kidding me right now."

Diluc sighed in frustration, the lights just really decided to go out when he'd almost just finished his essay. Good thing he saved it before it went out, otherwise he'd already wreck havoc to this place, which... happened one time before... let's not even talk about what happened soon after.

As if one headache came after another, a sudden knock was heard on his door. He internally cursed, he knew fully well who knocked on that door, he doesn't even want to get up from his seat. He decided to ignore.

knock

knock

knock

knock

kno-

"Would you please stop that and just enter?" He almost yelled but made sure to silence himself considering what time it was at the moment. He didn't want more people knocking on his doors now would he.

The door knob turned and revealed a peeking bluenette that had a wide smug smile on his face, oh how Diluc wished to wipe that smile off his annoyingly pretty face. "Hey."

The red head rolled his eyes and gestured for the other to come in, welcoming him nonetheless, to which the other obliged, not like he wouldn't otherwise. "What brings you here?" Diluc said, getting straight to the point.

Kaeya just smiled wider, "Can't I have a moment with my dear brother?" Making sure to emphasize the last word, he knew how much it irked the scarlet boy. Diluc couldn't remember how many times he rolled his eyes but does it even matter? He does it again.

With a sigh, "Just shut up and get straight to the point." Diluc gently demanded. "Well what else would I come here for?" Oh, I don't know, to give me a headache? Is what diluc would say but he kept his mouth shut and waited for Kaeya to continue.

But he didn't.

Instead, Kaeya grabbed Diluc's wrist (made sure it wasn't so tight) and dragged him up to the staircase.

"Excuse me the fuck not but what do you think you're doing?"

"Oh just trust me on this one."

Diluc already had an idea where they were going, and he really wouldn't want to waste his time on such a useless matter but he still let's kaeya drag him anyway, he doesn't know why but perhaps, it's that one hopeful feeling that kaeya will show him what he expects.

And turns out, he was right.

He looked up the sky, which was adorned and glittered with stars that seemed to be enveloping the night sky. You could say that it was a rare moment to see this.

The city would always light up, blocking the view of the stars from above, but now that it's currently out, they're completely uncovered from the sky, shining above and beyond.

Diluc could only stare in awe that he didn't even realize Kaeya's stare on him.

It was only then when Kaeya had softly patted the space beside him that he had snapped out of his stare. He accepted the offer and sat beside them, Kaeya now looking at where Diluc was gazing at.

"I told you you just had to trust me on this one." Kaeya said, gaze still on the starry sky, but something else had caught Diluc's attention. His smile, it's much more genuine now, a smile he hadn't seen in years.

He didn't dare say anything, just staring at that particular smile on his lips, he didn't even notice he got caught.

"Hm? Something got your attention?"

Diluc blinked, processing the words before looking in the opposite direction, returning his gaze back at the sky. A small pout formed on his face, "Shut up."

Kaeya laughed at that. And that too, was something that diluc hadn't heard in years, his lips tugged up into a smile and placed his head on his tucked knees. It was nice.

"Kaeya! Look look!"

"Huh? What is it 'luc?" Kaeya turned his head up and was met face to face with a glittering sky.

"Doesn't it look beautiful? They're just like your eyes!" Diluc said enthusiastically, his eyes twinkled like that of the stars from above, Kaeya smiled and chuckled at this.

"Yes, yes, it is indeed, very beautiful."

-

(a/n in comments)