fated | last act

If we had talked it out, would the outcome have been different? Would we have been basking under the comfort of our home, hand in hand as we talk about everything that we've been through, instead of standing here, in this cursed place, opposing each other?

A heavy, burning blade in my hands, ready to pounce towards you, you betrayed our nation, our home, our everything... us.

Or was it fate that brought us here? Were we destined to be here? Were we never really meant to be together? I should've cherished those times, when we were small and innocent, unaware of the dangers of the world... or was it just me?

You knew all along... didn't you? Everything was staged, ever since the beginning. You let yourself be played by the puppeteer, let them pull your strings and turned your back to me. Or was it your full intention to do so..?

Honestly, I could never really read you, ever since back then. Everytime I tried to look into your eyes, it would always be empty, like a dark, empty void of nothingness. But the star that would always glint in your eyes would say so otherwise, it always felt like you were hiding something.

Lies, distrust, betrayal... fate.

It was stupid, I always thought I would be able to bend it to my will if I tried hard enough, but where did it bring me...? Everything turned out the way you planned, the way your people planned, the way the gods planned.

We were all doomed from the start, ever since the occurrence 500 hundre... no, way before that. Even when this world was created, what is the meaning of all this?

'A land for humans to prosper'... lies, the gods.. you.. it was all a lie.

Ven.. Anemo archon, was this the freedom you promised us? Or was that promise a lie as well?

A contract, long been broken.

A false eternity.

A nonexistent wisdom.

Injustice.

An endless war.

Fake love.

Even in the brink of death, here I am, thinking of what could've been. Funny, isn't it?

I can't even speak to you anymore, it would've been nice if we could share a few words to each other, for the last time.

After everything that's happened, don't you think we deserve a little thing such as that?

Or was it fated as well,

Heart of the Abyss?